203-205

Chapter 203 - The Entire Time He Spent Chasing Her Was Nothing But a Joke (1)

"What's up with her?"

Duchess Capet, who had just walked over with the rocks in her hand, was baffled. Neither she nor Fang had done anything. How did this person just pass out? Besides, it's the even and it's chilly. It wasn't like she had a heat stroke or something.

Then, something occurred to her. With an enlightened look, she said, "Fang, is this what you Chinese called peng ci?"*

Her pronunciation of peng ci was impeccable.

Fang JunRong's lips twitched. Lucky Bai Shiyuan had already passed out. She just might puke blood had she heard this. Duchess Capet was certainly very talented in the area of pissing people off.

"Don't worry. We all saw it clearly. You did not touch her at all. We can all be your witnesses."

Fang JunRong smiled and said, "Thank you."

"Or did she just don't want to pay up?"

Fang JunRong felt that Duchess Capet was lucky to be the sole heir. Otherwise, with that mouth of hers, she'd probably get beaten up left and right. Looking at Bai Shiyuan, who was still lying o the ground, she said casually, "She just had a hard time accepting her own failure was all."

Duchess Capet's arm was starting to get sore from holding onto the rocks so she just handed them over to her handsome assistant.

Bai Shiyuan's secretary had come over and brought Bai Shiyuan with her with a look of embarrassment.

Fang JunRong wasn't worried that Bai Shiyuan wouldn't pay up. She was, after all, from a prominent family. She wouldn't stiff her for such a small amount.

Duchess Capet was still very excited. "Shall we extract some more of the rocks?" She had purchased rocks before that contained good gems but nothing like today, hitting the jackpot on first try much like drawing an SSR.*

Fang JunRong shook her head. "Low key, low key." She worried about receiving a bag of lemons if they were too ostentatious about it. Too much lemon could make one's teeth hurt.*

Duchess Capet has always been an ostentatious one and had no idea what low key was. But as that was Fang's decision, she would respect that.

It suddenly dawned on her that Fang was the one who first laid eyes on the rock that she had just extracted. She only paid a high price for it because Bai was trying to compete with Fang. So, to be precise, Fang had good eyes!

Duchess Capet's eyes lit up. She lowered her voice but she couldn't control the excitement in it. "I get it now. This is your Chinese kung fu, right? It's so amazing!"

Fang JunRong's lips twitched. Exactly how did she connect this to Chinese kung fu?

Duchess Capet said, "So you can see what a normal person can't when you have amassed sufficient qi inside of your body and focused it in your eyes?

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone else!"

Em. Okay. Fang JunRong wasn't sure what she could possibly say to that. She now understood why Duchess Capet looked so young. Her spending an extravagant amount of money on skincare notwithstanding, her heart of a child probably played a big role in it.

Once she had arrived home, Fang JunRong hired a few masters to help her extract the remainder of her rocks. She still had 12 more left, not including the three that she had extracted on site. She could see the qi in the rocks but she couldn't tell exactly what type they were, so she experienced the joy of unwrapping gifts.