73-75

Chapter 73 - Li XinYun was soft-hearted; she didn't want her falling for his tricks later on (1)

And that was how Sun Mei was easily KO'd by Fang JunRong. Blinded by Fang JunRong's sparkling status as a wealthy person, she left dispirited.

Fang JunRong didn't really get these people. Why did they all think she'd be sad after her divorce with Li WangJin? She had so much money, and her precious daughter by her side. What was there to be sad about?

Aye. She should buy herself another outfit. She should start getting involved in the corporate business after XinYun's birthday. She couldn't keep on slacking like she was. At the very minimum, she needed to do better than Ayron. All things aside, her BBQ-Pork son was still quite competent when it came to work. Jiang YaGe was only part of the reason he was able to increase their corporate assets several fold, a lot of it was his own ability.

Both the mother and daughter felt pretty happy after their shopping spree.

***

Time flew by and then it was August 16, Li XinYun's birthday.

Instead of their own place, Fang JunRong reserved a hotel in the downtown and even hired a few popular singers to perform for them. Surrounded by the music, Li XinYun wore the dress designed by Yang Xi, Fang JunRong's sister-in-law. The dress was pale yellow in color and had a round collared with no sleeves. The hem of the dress was adorned by many diamonds, making it look fluffy and full of life. Glowing with health and vigor, she looked like a real princess.

Even though she didn't have on a tiara, the giant ruby around her neck attracted a lot of attention and also gave her an additional feel of sumptuousness. She had only invited her dad's business associates to her birthday banquets in the past. This was the first time she was able to invite her own schoolmates.

Li XinYun's schoolmates had always known that she was from a wealthy family as she was usually surrounded by designer brand products. Today was the first time they truly had a glimpse of how wealthy her family really was. The cost for the hotel alone would be enough to cover several years of their families' expenditure. Not to mention, her party had singers that they had only seen on TV before. They were mesmerized by the scale of the event.

Nevertheless, they were, after all, boys and girls who had just graduated high school and have yet to be affected by the real world. As surprised as they were, their mannerism did not change too drastically. Li XinYun spent most of her time greeting her schoolmates and would also occasionally greet the guests of the older generations as well.

Fang JunRong brought Zhong Yi with her this time to have her appear in public. Zhong Yi had been having etiquette classes as of late and she was fairly presentable now, unlike how timid she was in the past. She was delicate looking. Now that she was more at ease, she looked like a blooming rose, vibrant and enthusiastic, making a very pleasant view.

Everybody else had heard that Li WangJin had adopted a daughter, as did Fang JunRong. Were the two of them in some sort of a competition?

What surprised them even more was that Fang JunRong was already in her forties, but her attractiveness rivaled Zhong Yi's in every way when the two of them stood side by side. Fang JunRong's look was flawless as though time had no effects on her. Many of the guests gathered around her and asked her for skincare secrets. After all, who didn't want to look pretty?

"I have been taking Beautifying Pills made by my own company. They will be available for purchase next month."

Most of the ingredients for Beautify Pills could be found in the real world. The only must-have ingredient was the spring water from the jade dimension. Each pill required 10 mL of it. Without the spring water, the pills would lose its amazing effectiveness. So, it wasn't difficult for her to supply the spring water, gather all the other ingredients, and have them produced in a factory in the real world.