She couldn't go on anymore.

"Your dad was involved in an accident when he was driving a truck a year ago."

As he could no longer hide it from her, Li DaiTong had no choice but to tell her the truth.

"He asked us to not tell you before he was gone. He said you have to apply for senior high school this year and it was an important year for you. He did not wish to affect you."

Chen MingZhu whimpered and tears poured out of her. Even though she had prepared herself before her trip but hearing the news still made her feel that her heart was being stabbed by a knife. The man who loved her the most on this world had perished.

"Our plan was to have your uncle to look for a time to tell that to you after your senior high school entrance examinations." They never expected that Chen GenSheng's daughter would come looking for him by herself. He was caught off guard and his first reaction was to muddle through it.

"His company compensated him with 970,000 yuan. Your father had us purchased a house for you and had it under your name. We will be sending you the rent each month for your living expenses. He also left 60,000 yuan behind in the bank for your college tuition."

"You can talk to the lawyer. Your uncle was there as well and he was a witness."

"Had you not come, I figure they would be telling you this within the next few months."

Li DaiTong was closed with Chen GenSheng and thinking about his death reddened his eyes.

Li DaiTong's wife added, "Child, you must study hard. That was what your father worried the most before he passed away. He wanted you to study hard and get into an university so you won't spend your entire life in the village."

Chen MingZhu cried as she nodded. Her vision blurred by her tears.

The scene made Fang JunRong's heart ached. Chen GenSheng was not very educated himself. Per what Chen MingZhu had told him, he didn't even graduate grade school and needed others to write letters for him. He was what most would consider an ignorant villager. But, a person like him thought nothing other than his only daughter before he died. He did his best to plan her future for her. He even thought about her living expenses and her tuition. With the house, Chen MingZhu's future would be a lot less bumpy.

Nevertheless, as far as Chen MingZhu was concerned, she would probably want her father back rather than the house and the anything else.

Chapter 323 - The Company Was More Humane Than Imagined (2)

Hearing sniffling noises, Fang JunRong turned and noticed that Li XinYun, too, was crying. She was a girl who cared a lot about her appearance. She insisted on reapplying her makeup even when they were on the train and made sure that she was presentable at all times. Her makeup that she had tried so hard to keep was all messed up from her crying.

Noticing the looking from Fang JunRong, Li XinYun wiped her tears with the back of her hand and walked over to a corner.

Fang JunRong followed her, handed her some wet napkins, and said in a gentle voice, "Here."

"Mmm." Li XinYun's voice was very nasal. She looked defeated when she saw all the colors that came off on the wet napkin.

Fang JunRong patted her on her head.

"Not every father is like Li WangJin, right?" Looking at Fang JunRong, Li XinYun's eyes were dark and clear from the tears.

"Mmm, you are right. There are very few fathers like him." She could more or less figured out what was going through her daughter's mind. Li WangJin had, to a certain degree, made her question the role of a father. That was the main reason why she was eager to accompany Chen MingZhu to look for her father. She didn't even complain at all when taking the bus.