⭐|¦_The Dam Episode_¦|⭐

Start from the beginning

As we walked away from the junkyard, another line of prophecy made sense to me. One shall be lost in the land without rain. Bianca's death in the junkyard, it was practically a desert.

***

Walking for a while, I spotted the Hoover Dam. I mean, who lives in USA and doesn't know about The Hoover Dam?

We picked 2 boats to go up the river. Percy was controlling it, because I was still clueless about my hydro kinetic powers. Percy had promised me to teach me after this quest was over.

"So..." I started the conversation "What do you guys do normally?"

Percy snorted "Yeah, right. There is no 'normal' in the lives of demigods. There's never a chance for us to do, like hang out or something."

I immediately felt sorry for starting the conversation. Thalia responded next "Well, when you wake up from being a tree, and then going on a quest is anything but normal."

I sighed "I can totally see why you two are cousins. I mean, come on! You two just think of using sarcasm in everything."

Thalia just huffed. Percy chuckled "I can't live without sarcasm!"

Thalia asked "So, what is your world like, Ben?"

I smiled "Well, things are a bit same like here, instead aliens exist there instead of gods."

Percy asked "So how did you get that watch?" pointing at my omnitrix.

I sighed nostalgically "When I was 10, me, my cousin Gwen and my Grandpa Max, we went on a holiday. We thought the summer would be the most boring thing ever, especially with Gwen. We used to argue on every single thing." I chuckled. "On the first day of summer, we went camping outside a forest. I got bored of it and wandered into the forest. And I saw a huge asteroid, but it was going in a single line. But when it was crossing me, it turned towards. Naturally, I panicked and tried to run. Then the asteroid crashed in front of me, leaving me unharmed. I approached it and saw a watch. Wondering what it was doing there, I touched it and it stuck to me. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it off. That's where my adventure started. The most boring summer became the best summer ever."

I saw us arriving on the entrance "Alright, we're here."

I stepped off the boat and I sensed something was wrong. But I didn't care about it right now.

Zoe said "I am going to the dam restroom."

Percy laughed with Thalia. I caught on the meaning pretty quickly and chuckled.

Zoe looked confused "Was there something wrong?"

Percy answered "No, no. Nothing is wrong. I just need to use the dam fountain."

Thalia added "And I need to go to the dam snack bar."

I laughed loudly and said "And I need to buy a dam T-shirt!"

Everyone started laughing except Zoe, who was utterly confused. Percy stifled his laughter "Alright, that's enough. I need to go to the restroom too."

And Percy walked out to the lift.

***

After waiting for a few minutes, Thalia started getting restless. Then I heard the rattle again.