Part 7: Moonlight

"Where are we going?" You asked, letting a smile spread to your lips as you took Druigs hand.

"It's a surprise." He grinned, something mischievous behind his cerulean blue eyes.

"It makes me nervous when you say that." You chucked.

You let Druig lead the way as you followed him from the wedding reception and into the small village. Most of the inhabitants had found their way home, only a few stragglers remaining. You made your way through the winding streets, trepidation and excitement tingling your belly. The night was warm, and you breathed in a light sigh as a breeze blew across your skin.

"The moon is beautiful tonight." You commented, gazing up at the starry sky.

"It is. I think the moon is my favorite thing about this planet." Druig said, casting a causal glance in your direction.

"Oh, yeah? Why's that?" You giggled, slowly interlocking your arm with his.

"Because" he began, smiling. "She's ever changing but always consistent. She shines brightly, even in the darkest of nights. She is the push and pull of the tides, she creates energy. She is truly," he paused, turning toward you. "the most beautiful thing in this world." He brought his hand up to your face, pushing a stray piece of hair behind your ear.

"That's a lovely way to put it, Dru." You smiled, blushing at his caressing touch.

"It's true." He simply stated. "Come on, we're almost there."

You let Druig continue to lead the way, stealing glances up at his face every now and again. The small road you were walking on slowly began to form into a dirt path, large brush lining it on each side. Fragrant flowers grew along the path here and there, casting small shadows in the moonlight. In the distance, you could hear the soft rumbling of water. Coming into the clearing, your breath was taken away by the sight before you. A pool of water surrounded by lush greenery filled your point of view. Up a head, a large outcropping of rock jutted from the mountainside as a waterfall rushed peacefully across the lush scenery. Moonbeams bounced off the flowing water, casting light into the darkness before you.

"Druig, how did you find this place?" You asked in awe, stepping toward the water's edge.

"Makkari was doing some scouting the other day. She told me about it, so I thought," he paused, shrugging. "Maybe you would want to see it. Ya know, together."

You smiled brightly back at the man. What a beautiful place this was. It was going to break your heart when you had to leave. Slowly, an idea formed in your head. Sliding off your sandals, you began to unwrap yourself from the many layers of your tiered dress. Druig watched, intrigued. Shimming down to only your underwear, you slowly stepped into the glimmering pool. The cool water kissed your skin, letting go of the evening heat. You let yourself sink down to your waist before you submerged yourself completely. Coming back up for air, you let a soft laugh escape your lips. Druig was still watching you closely, almost as though he was waiting for your approval.

"Well?" You asked, a giggle bubbling up from inside you.

"Well, what?" He grinned, raising his eyebrows.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to join me?" You asked, swimming out into the water.

"Would you like me to join you?" He asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

"It would be a lot more fun if you did." You said, giggling again.

"If you insist." He shrugged, beginning to work at the sash around his waist. You watched as he slowly removed the multiple layers of his clothing until he too was only in his underwear. You couldn't help but let your eyes wander across his lean body, taking in the muscled biceps you so desperately wanted to touch. Holding your gaze, he slowly stepped into the water and made his way to you.