Part 2: Dance

"That was a beautiful song tonight, Y/N. Truly moving." Kingo said as you and your fellow Eternals made your way back to the Domo.

"Thank you, Kingo." You smiled up at him as you made your way to your central gathering place.

"Arishem would be so proud of the beautiful music you're bringing to this world." Ajak mused, placing a motherly hand on your cheek. You blushed thanking her with a small smile.

"Yes, Y/N. It's truly wonderful what you do. You could put Sprite to shame with your voice." Gillgamesh teased, poking the girl in the side as he crossed the room.

"Not funny, Gil." The redhead said, crossing her arms.

"I agree, not funny. Sprite's gifts are amazing, and they bring joy. She tells our stories and brings hope to the future of these people. Even if she does stretch the truth just a little bit." You smiled, throwing your arm around Sprite's shoulder, giving her a small squeeze. You knew it was hard on her. Everyone always treated her like a child even though she was so much more than that.

"At least someone has my back. What do you think, Ikarus?" The girl asked, trying to hide the giddiness in her voice.

"I... well, I think your powers are equally special. You're both telling your own stories in a way. Maybe you two should team up one night. Give us a real show." Ikarus said, taking his place by Sersi's side.

"That's actually a lovely idea. Sprite, would you like to do that one day?" You asked.

"Sure. That probably wouldn't be too awful." She giggled playfully and squeezed your hand.

"Fair enough," you laughed, making your way across the room.

"Sorry I missed the show tonight. Must have been a good one from these glowing reviews." Phastos said, eyes and hands busy at work on his next invention.

"You should be, it was beautiful." You heard a voice come from behind you. Turning around, you spotted Druig and Makkari standing in the doorway of the lab. You hadn't heard the duo slip in. You blushed again, turning around to make yourself busy with a random piece of metal on the table.

"I'm truly impressed with this one, Y/N. I believe it might be my new favorite." Druig said, taking a seat beside you. In all these years, he never really commented on your songs so this took you a bit by surprise.

"Thanks, Dru." You said softly.

"Anytime, my love." He said, a cocky grin breaking across his face.

"Uh, did we miss something?" Phastos asked, giving you two an incredulous look.

"Oh, you mean their little "I like you but won't say it" dance? No." Kingo said, using air quotes around the statement. A blush rose to Druig's face now, causing yours to deepen even more.

"Leave them alone, Kingo." Thena said, knocking him in the back of the head as she passed by.

"Ow, Thena. Rude." Kingo said, pulling a face.

"Don't be a baby." Makkari signed, a smile plastered on her face as she came to stand beside you. "Don't listen to Kingo, you know how he is." She signed, smiling.

"Alright everyone, settle down. I have news from Arishem." Ajak said, taking her place in the middle of the room. Phastos quickly finished his project and gave the older woman the floor. "We've been asked to relocate. Babylon is free of Deviants and has become the largest and safest city on the planet. Our work here is done. We've been tasked to reposition ourselves to the Gupta Empire. Their people need our help in continuing their growth. We will leave at first light. Phastos, prepare the Domo for the trip please."