𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

         "I could always ask Rachel or-" 

        "No," Jason cut the girl off, the zipper finally closing. 

        Turning around, Phoebe put a hand on her hip. "How do I look?" 

        Jason's jaw almost dropped as he eyed the girl up and down. Phoebe's hair was let down loose and curly, as her makeup made her eyes pop. The sequin dress stopped about mid-thigh and her shoulders were exposed from the spaghetti straps. "Stunning," Jason simply answered, "Absolutely stunning." 

        Ruffling the boys hair, Phoebe smiled. She grabbed her tiny purse and phone off of her dresser before she headed into the dining area, Jason following quickly behind. Entering the room, Phoebe noticed Dick sitting at the table as Rachel and Gar whispered to each other near the island. 

        Dick's eyes lit up as he saw the girl, immediately standing up and walking forward. "You uh- uhm." 

        Walking up behind Dick, Rachel smiled and whispered into his ear. "She looks beautiful-"

        "Right!" Dick cut off the girl, Rachel rolling her eyes from his outburst. "You look beautiful." Dick had on a blue button-up with jeans, the two top buttons unbuttoned to expose his chest. 

        "Thanks," Phoebe smiled, fluffing up her hair, "Ready to go?" 

        Nodding, Dick linked his arms with Phoebe as they walked to the elevator. Looking behind her shoulder, Gar was giving Phoebe a thumbs out while Jason and Rachel were making kissing gestures. Rolling her eyes, she looked back forward as they approached the elevator. 

        Stepping in, Dick pressed the down button and silence waved over them. It was awkward, but Dick had no idea how to talk to Phoebe in this situation. 

      ☺︎︎ ☺︎︎ ☺︎︎ 

        Approaching the club, Phoebe and Dick walked down the block to the entrance. Dick had bought VIP passes for the two so they wouldn't have to wait in line for hours. Showing their passes to the bouncers, they were immediately let in. 

        The lights were dimly lit as music blared throughout the room, multiple people drunk and dancing on the floor. Eyes lit up as they walked throughout the room, Dick grabbed ahold of her hand. 

         "Come on," Dick sent the girl a soft smile, motioning to the dance floor. "Wanna dance for a bit? Then we could head to the bar." 

        Pursing her lips, Phoebe replied. "Sure." 

        Dragging the girl onto the dance floor, Dick started to move to the rhythm of the music. Noticing Phoebe not moving, he rose an eyebrow. "What's wrong?" 

        Phoebe scoffed, "I suck at dancing." 

        Dick shrugged his shoulders. "Doesn't matter if you're good or not, just matters if you're having fun." Thinking for a solution, an idea popped into Dick's head. Gently grabbing the girl's hands, he placed them on his shoulders. "Just move to the rhythm with me, back and forth." 

        Swaying back and forth to the music with Dick, everything else around Phoebe seemed unimportant. It was Dick and her, and that's all that mattered. Not Phoebe and Jason's fights that made it seem like the world was going to end, not the brutal training Dick put all of them through, just her and Dick.