Chapter 13: So Original

Start from the beginning

I hope for his sake that he is innocent...

"I-I don't k-know a-anything." Dan stuttered.

Dear lords of sweet sugar!

No...

I can't believe this!

"How could you?!" I exclaimed, taking a step back due to the shock.

I thought that he was done betraying me...

I guess you should be careful of who you choose to trust...

"I didn't do anything, I swear!" Dan stated.

"Then who did?" I questioned, crossing my arms.

"I..." Dan trailed off. I could see his inner conflict reflecting in his eyes.

"Did Kaylee start that rumour?" I asked.

This wasn't something small. Almost everyone was talking about it. After that day, a lot of people came to me to tell me that they supported me against Hunter.

I could still see how people stared at Hunter with disgust...

This was all so bad and my own friend was involved. He was involved in something that had the power to hurt me. Once again...

"No, it wasn't her." He answered. "But she did spread the news." He added as an afterthought.

"Rumour. Lie. Not news." I corrected him with a hard, deadly glare.

"Yeah... That." He sighed.

Wow!

"Why didn't you stop these rumours?" I asked him when I realised that he wouldn't tell me who actually started spreading this ridiculous lie.

"Because... Liv, he might have been your friend in the past but now he's just bad news." Dan replied. "You need to stay away from him." He almost pleaded with his eyes.

Says the betraying friend...

"I think I'd rather believe the guy who is not betraying me." I scoffed before I walked away from Dan.

The worst thing about what just happened was that even Paige didn't support me this time...

I closed my eyes, trying to get myself back together and back to my cheery self.

I didn't realise where I was going and ended up walking into a wall. Literally...

Ouch!

I rubbed my nose which thankfully wasn't bleeding.

Could this day get any worse?!

"Loser!" I heard Kaylee's voice saying before a bunch of people started laughing. I turned around to find her smirking at me.

Apparently the day could get worse...

"Kaylee." I acknowledged her presence with a mental sigh.

Just what I needed...

Good gods of sweet heavens! What have I done to make you hate me so much?!

"You are so dumb and you think that you can actually be friends with me and my boyfriend?" Kaylee snarled at me with a disgusted look on her face.

Is she forgetting that her boyfriend was the one who was trying to be friends with me?

"Kaylee, I really am not in the mood to explain to you how it's your boyfriend who you should talk to about that. He wants to be friends with me. Not the other way around." I sighed.