Chapter 11: Uncrackable Walnuts

Start from the beginning

And I don't know what else I can do now.

I just wanted to help him...

And maybe get my old friend back in the process...

But it hurts...

It hurts when he ignores me. And I thought that it wouldn't hurt as bad since I have gone through this kind of thing before but it still hurts the same.

Maybe I should just stop bothering him...

It looks like he's happy being alone...

What are you thinking about, stupid girl?! No one is happy when they're alone!

But he is happy being away from me...

I thought you were a weird tough cookie... You're just as soft and mushy as any other cookie...

I am no cookie! I am a freaking gummy bear!

And gummy bears don't give up!

"Liv, can we just talk? You haven't really talked to me since that incident in the parking lot." Ryan's voice brought me back to reality.

I ignored Ryan as I walked up to Hunter.

I can't give up so easily...

"Do you want to hang out this Friday? We could go for late night burgers at Papa Joe's." I smiled at Hunter.

Gosh! It feels like I am asking him out on a date!

Gross!

I need to get that thought out of my mind!

"Liv!" Ryan exclaimed behind me.

Why is he still here?!

Hunter's eyes flickered back to Ryan before he smirked and looked back at me.

"What do you say?" I asked when he just kept looking at me. His eyes flickered back to Ryan before the smirk vanished from his face.

I turned around to see that Ryan was kissing Kaylee a few feet away from us.

When did she get here?

Teenagers are so disrespectful! Don't they realise that their PDA might make others feel uncomfortable?

But why is Hunter affected by this?

I turned back to see that Hunter was back to his emotionless self.

"Do you like Kaylee?" I whispered out the question.

He doesn't, right?

Hunter walked past me, his shoulder brushing past mine with a force that almost sent me tumbling down on the floor on my behind but I managed to balance myself.

Oh god!

If Hunter likes Kaylee, it would explain why he and Ryan are at odds right now. It explains everything perfectly.

I looked back to Kaylee and Ryan to find them smiling at each other.

But Kaylee likes Ryan...

What should I do now?

I think about what I could do to help Hunter as I walk to my locker in a daze.

What was there to even do?

Kaylee and Ryan looked really happy with each other. Hunter had to get over his feelings for her.

But why do I have the feeling that I am missing something here?

Something felt fishy...