SSAK 8

"Hey, your phone is ringing." Kendall and I were playing games in his basement. Whenever I got sad I found a way to pass by and just play video games with Kendall. I had just come like 30 minutes back and Kendall decided we play a round before the boys came around. 

"Let it ring"

"it's Clay calling." Kendall said while turning back to look at me.

"I said let it ring Ken." Ken never liked being shouted nor did he like to see me at my worst and no sooner than had I shouted, than did he pause the game and look at me closely.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked lightly placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Clay has a girlfriend. Mason knew. I feel like the dumbest girl ever. We've talked about it. Now can we finish this round?" I reach for my phone, switched it off and placed it at my feet.

"Mason isn't one to cover up for a cheater. I know my boy, so if Clay really has a girl and was stringing you along, Mason would have at least told you."

"Well he didn't. I really don't want to talk about this Kendall. Can we just play this game before I drag my ass across the street back home."

"On one condition."

I tried to not show him how pissed I was getting. Ken was the sweetest person I knew and getting on his bad side was something I badly wanted to avoid. No matter how mad I felt right now.

"That when he tries to come and explain to him you listen and give him a chance to say his side of the story. I think your conclusion was not conclusive"

I owed it to Kendall. I owed it to being truthful to even myself. So trust me I was not surprised when Clay was part of the kahoot of boys that stepped into the basement for boy's night. I gave Kendall my worst eye but that was not saving me in any way. 

He dragged me to a corner which ensured Clay could speak to me without refusal.

"Hey."

I didn't reply.

"I have been calling you and no response."

"What did you expect me to say?" My hands immediately crossed at my chest as I tried my best to not look at him. I nearly caved yesterday and wanted to pick up his call. I wanted to listen to his voice again. My tiktok feed did not make things any easier. It's one thing knowing ow stupid you were. It's another when your for you page agrees.

"I met Tyra in the tenth grade." My eyes shot up. This was it. This was where he was going to reveal how much she  meant to him and how I was just a summer fling.

"If you want to say I was just a summer fling, something casual, something you cheated on your girlfriend with, just go ahead and say so. You're not sparing me any feelings I haven't made myself lose already."

"Can we talk from upstairs? "

"No. " He didn't listen. Clayton pulled my hand along with him and took us to the living room. I was livid. 

"Don't you dare fucking ever touch me again Clayton."

"Tyra and I dated for a year and we were on and off. I broke things off at graduation because I found out she had been bullying a friend of mine in the lower grade. Now I know you may not believe me considering how Tyra ran up to me back at Mason's . That's on me. Tyra caught wind of me here this summer and thought coming would bring us back together. It hasn't and it won't. because it's you that I like Delilah. I want you. I want you and all your flaws. I want to spend literally every second of my time here with you. If that's not what you want , then I am cool with letting you be. But I have said what I have said. I should have pushed Tyra off, I didnot. I made you look like a fool but you are not."

"I didn't realise I had any." I said looking at Clay threateningly.

"What?"

"flaws . I didn't realise I had any."

"Well you didn't hear me out before storming of."

"Don't push it Clay." He chuckled.

"So am I forgiven? " My answer was the only thing I had been wanting to do for a long time. I tipped my head back as I reached for his face and kissed him.

THE END

Thank you for being here along the journey as I wrote this short story. It's not so perfect and I hope to make it better once I sit down sometime.

XO Stella