SSAK 1

Delilah's POV

"Delilah, could you help check the clothes in the laundry room?" Mum asked as she passed via my bedroom to hers.

"But mummy you're literally coming from down the stairs. Couldn't you do it ?" I shouted over the loud sound system in my room. My summer playlist was on shuffle and right now, Sigrid's melodies were filling the expanse of my room.

"And I'm your mother." Her usual catch phrase when she didn't want to do a certain task and wanted it to fall on the hands of her one and only daughter quickly escaped her mouth. And I wasn't ready for her to start pointing out how much my dental fees have caused a dent in her account.

Rolling my eyes, I got up from my bed and walked to the laundry room quickly set the machine and ran back upstairs to my room. No sooner had I settled down at my desk, than Tina called me.

"Hey what sup?" I said into my phone.

"I'm back bitch !" She screamed into my phone and I could swear my ear drums were almost going to burst.

"Was camp that bad ?" I asked half jokingly, turning around in my chair to face my window. Unlike me who spent the summer seated at home and practically doing nothing till like a week ago, Tina had gone to Paris for the summer French camp or better yet an immersion program if you decide to go by official terms and not Tina's ever altered words.

"Of course not cherie! I found me a French boy" I imagined her winking and smiling at me through the phone and shook my head. Trust Tina to be the drama queen. "Anyway you and I are going out tonight."

"Who agreed to this ?" I asked and stood up to go fix my curtains before mum could come and rant about that too.

"I agreed to this and so are you this very minute."

"Tina, my parents are strict." I said defeatedly, but I knew her reply before it even came through.

"And I am their favorite non-biological child. Besides, I haven't seen those new teeth without braces. You should have waited for me to take you to the dentist." She whined into the phone.

"Things do not work like that Tina."

"Whatever. Anyway, I am coming to pick you up for a party so better get dressed. I'm jetlagged as it is, but that doesn't mean I am willing to see you dress your worst."

One hour later, Tina was in the living room and dragging me to this so-called summer party she was dying to attend. (I was also dying to attend too. But she didn't need to know that.)