SSAK 7

A week later

"Is this too much ? I feel it's too much. Are you even sure I look that good? I am unsure." I was rumbling on infront of Tina as I tried to select what to wear tonight.

It had been a week since Clayton and I had decided to try and understand what was really going on between us despite how short the summer was going to be or how after that we didn't know what would come next. Clayton had texted yesterday evening just before I could crawl into bed that we were going to go out and I should wear something casual. Now all of a sudden my casual wardrobe wasn't seeming so casual to me.

Fuck

"Personally, I think you're over stressing. You look just fine. And it's a casual thing right ? He can't be expecting you to look like JF Kennedy's wife." She quickly swept my hair behind me and started to intricately weave it into a braid.  That's when the bell rung.

"Delilah, you have a visitor. " My dad shouted from the living room downstairs. I only prayed to God he wouldn't seek to make Clay uncomfortable. Dads always had that shared intuition and my dad had it at 100%.

My floral dress now seemed a bit too short and a bit too long. I could feel my legs were trembling.

"Coming dad." I offered before doing one last look in the mirror. I didn't get to have a proper one because Tina practically pushed me out of the door to my doom.

That night I realised how surprising Clayton was. He had driven us to the Sports arena over in the next town which was kind of shocking because I hadn't thought he would re call I wanted to try bowling some time.

The bowling alley place was huge. And also quiet. Which was kind of awkward because such a place in the movies usually has the entire world crammed up in its four walls.

"How come it's quiet here? You better not be trying to murder me." I jokingly said.

"You think so low of me by the way. It's quiet and empty because I wanted this moment for us. Besides, I know you don't deal well with embarrassment and bowling, bowling can be tough at times. " The entire he was speaking, I was just staring at his lips and his eyes. His smile was effortless after his quick speech which to be honest had been filling my stomach with butterflies. I felt weak in the knees.

"Don't tell me your family owns this too." I pointedly looked at him and he laughed.

"I won't." He said lifting his hands in the air while giving me a cheeky smile. Okay now I was curious. Clayton Red Chester was the WORST.

Our date ended well and soon we were on the way back. Clay had wanted to rush home because apparently Mason had said something important needed Clayton's immediate involvement. I didn't mind passing via Mason's place before Clay dropped me off at mine's. But maybe I should have minded, because the moment we stepped through Mason's house, a gorgeous redhead ran towards Clay, hugged him and kissed him.

She full on kissed him, that I didn't know what to do. What a nice way to end something before it even started. He didn't even push her away.

"Oh. I'm sorry.  I didn't introduce myself. I'm Tyra. Clay's girlfriend.  You are?"