Date at the Ice Rink

"I know the Duckburg Ice Rink isn't as glamorous as the one at Rockerduck Center, but it's nice."said Gladstone,hoping he wasn't knocking the Duckburg Ice Rink.
"I actually never been to Rockerduck Center."admitted Emilie.
"Really? I would of thought you would of."
"No. I always wanted to though."
"Why didn't you?"asked Gladstone as he led Emilie towards the ice rink.
"My parents wouldn't let me because of the Christmas tree, and after they died, I just didn't have the time."said Emilie.
"Well, I guess this will be your first time."said Gladstone,holding his hand out for Emilie to grab.
"Okay."said Emilie,grabbing onto Gladstone's hand,hoping for the best.
Emilie,as expected,did not do a good job on the ice the first time.If she wasn't hanging onto Gladstone,she would of fallen onto the ice.
"Look,why don't we do something else?"suggested Gladstone.
"No!"said Emilie stubbornly. "I can do this! I just need the practice!"
"Okay."said Gladstone. "But you should really hold onto me."
"Fine."
"Okay.Put your right arm around my back, and put your left hand in my right hand."
"Okay."said Emilie,doing so.
"Good,now let's start."said Gladstone.
It did not go as Gladstone planned.While it intentionally started well,Emilie got ahead of herself, and decided to let go of Gladstone, and fell on the ice.Thankfully,the regulars at the ice rink were used to such a thing,so Emilie didn't grab a lot of notice.
"I think you need an instructor with a lot of patience."said Gladstone.
"No! I can figure this out!"insisted Emilie.
"Emilie,this is suppose to be a date, and it's not going to be a fun one if you're going to keep falling on the ice."
Emilie didn't say anything.Emilie knew that Gladstone was right, but she was just too stubborn to admit that he was right.There had to be a way to do it without admitting Gladstone knowing what she was doing.
"I want this to be fun too."said Emilie. "But, I just don't know how to skate."
"Do you want to do something else?,or do you keep trying?"asked Gladstone.
Emilie didn't say anything.She wanted to stay, but she didn't like looking like a fool.If they left,then  the two of them could do something that wouldn't make
her look like an idiot.The more Emilie thought about it,the more she realized that she didn't want to spend a date learning how to skate.
"Let's leave. I don't want to spend our date learning how to skate.We can come back when I know how to skate." Emilie said finally.
"I thought so.So,where do you want to go?"said Gladstone as he picked her from the ice.
"Huh?"
"Where do you want to go?It's only fair that you pick where we go."said Gladstone,making sure that Emilie was next to the railing.
Emilie didn't think that Gladstone would let her choose where they would go next.She was sure that they were going to call it a day,but if she had to choose...
"I want to see Fiddler on the Roof.It's being shown at the Duckburg Theater."said Emilie.
"Okay.You want to go tonight?"
"Sure!"said Emilie as the two of them left the ice rink together.