First Date

Gladstone approached Emilie's house.He still wasn't sure why Emilie would want to go out with him.She could of have any guy.After all,Emilie was smart,good looking,responsible,had a good job,that,may,or may not,pay well.After all,she did work for Uncle Scrooge, and he was known for being miserly.
But,for some reason,Emilie chose Gladstone.Why,he didn't know.Gladstone decided to put it out of his mind as he knocked on Emilie's door.When she answered,he noticed that Emilie was dressed in a sleeveless light blue dress.
"Emilie,you didn't have to dress up.We're just going to take a walk around town."said Gladstone.
"But I wanted to."insisted Emilie.
"Okay.Let's go."said Gladstone taking Emilie's hand.
The two walked while talking about random things,mainly when they first met, Gladstone asking Emilie out, and her saying yes.It wasn't until they got to a flower booth that something happened.
"Free flowers!"said the man manning the booth. "Free flowers!"
"Why are you giving away free flowers?"Emilie asked the man at the flower booth.
"It's my birthday! I can do whatever I want!"explained the man.
"Hey,Emilie,you want some flowers?"asked Gladstone.
"Yeah,sure.But,I-"started Emilie,but Gladstone had already got the flowers.
"Here you go."said Gladstone,handing Emilie a bouquet of flowers.
"Thanks."said Emilie as she took the flowers.
"You don't look happy about the fact that I gave you flowers."said Gladstone as the two of them continued on their walk.
"It's not that I'm not happy about the flowers,it's just that I feel guilty about not paying that guy."
"But,he was giving them away for free."
"But it still feels wrong somehow.Like we're stealing them.Even though I know we're not."
"Why would you feel like that?"
"I guess it's because I worked at a lot of jobs, and accepting free stuff seems like I'm preventing the store from making money."
"But,didn't any of the places that you worked at offer free promotions,or anything like that?"
"Yeah."
"So,what's the problem?"
"I guess it's a matter of principles.And pride."
"Pride?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"I understand."said Gladstone as the two sat on a bench in the park.Emilie took one of the flowers, and put it behind her ear.
"How do I look?"asked Emilie.
"Cute.But,in a beautiful way."answered Gladstone.He thought for a moment about kissing her,but decided against it.Instead-
"You want to go to Swann's Ice Cream Parlor?"Gladstone asked.
"Sure.Why not?"said Emilie.
The two of them got up, and headed towards Swann's Ice Cream Parlor.It didn't take long for them to get to the ice cream shop as it was a short distance from the park.When they got to Swann's Ice Cream Parlor Gladstone,as he expected,was declared the millionth customer, and he, and Emilie were allowed to have free ice cream.Unfortunately,Emilie had to fight it.
"How do you know that Gladstone's the millionth customer?" Emilie asked. "Did you take count? I mean,this shop's been opened for a while.There's no way he could be the first millionth customer."
"Um-Emilie-"started Gladstone.
"Listen,lady,what is it that you want?"asked the owner.
"The truth!"said Emilie.
"Look,why don't I just give both you, and your boyfriend free ice cream?"
"Isn't that a bad-"
"We'll take it."said Gladstone while covering Emilie's beak.
"Fine."said the owner. "Just take your ice cream outside."
"Okay.We will!Thanks!"said Gladstone with a forced smile.
After Emilie, and Gladstone got their ice cream they went outside to sit outside at one of the tables.
"I can't believe you made a fuss about me being declared the millionth customer."snapped Gladstone at Emilie.
"It was a honest question!How would they know?" asked Emilie.Gladstone sighed.
"I know your right.But I really wish you didn't make a fuss."
"I'm sorry. I was just curious."
"I understand.Actually,I don't. I was born lucky, and it gives me anything I want. I don't know how you feel about that."said Gladstone,finally saying the thing that was bothering him throughout the whole date.How Emilie felt about his luck.
Emilie didn't say anything for a while.Gladstone didn't know if this was a good thing, or not.
"I actually think you're lucky because you don't have any siblings."said Emilie.
"That's weird. I always felt kinda lonely because of I didn't have any siblings.Donald, and Della had each other,while Fethry had his brother Abner.Sometimes,I wondered what it'll be like if I did have at least one sibling."stated Gladstone.
"I wished my parents had the common sense to only give me a couple of siblings.Not ten. I didn't mind Annebelle,Danielle, Izzy, and maybe Kelly.But the others,were too much.Sometimes I feel guilty about that."
"I guess that makes sense.It was probably too much for you."
"Yeah.You don't think I'm horrible person for sometimes wishing that I had less siblings,do you?"
"No."said Gladstone,taking Emilie's hand. "It's okay to be selfish at times."
Emilie suddenly did something that Gladstone didn't expect her to do.She kissed him on the lips.
"Gladstone?Gladstone?Are you alright?Did I do something wrong?"asked Emilie noticing Gladstone's shocked face.
"Um.Yeah. I-just didn't expect that."said Gladstone when he recovered after a short while.
"Oh."said Emilie,turning pink.
Silence.
"Well,our ice cream's done."pointed out Emilie.
"In your case,it's melted whipped cream,because you added a lot of whipped cream to your ice cream."said Gladstone.
"What? I like whipped cream."
"I'll remember that in the future."said Gladstone with a smirk on his face.Emilie simply giggled.
"I think it's time to go home."said Emilie.
"Yeah."said Gladstone,somewhat sadly.He really didn't want the date to end, but knew it would end eventually.
But they both agreed that it was a good date,filled with unexpected surprises for both of them, and set up a second date in the future.