Guess it wasn't meant to be

"Lan Zhan, i will vow to stay by your side and love you until the end. I will be always your other half, your soulmate, your protector."

"Wei Ying, i will vow to stay by your side and love you until the end. I will be always your other half, your soulmate, your protector."

.........

"My Emperor, let's eat together?"

"Not now, My Empress. I need to finish these papers. After, i will join you and let's retrieve for the night."

"Hm.. Alright."

Wei Ying exited his husband's office. His personal server, Li Hong, walked away by his side.

"My dear Empress, are you alright?" Li Hong asked, after they got inside in Wei Ying's room.

"Yes, A-Hong. It's just, Lan Zhan changed. Ahhh.. I may be only reacting. Lan Zhan is just busy. I mean, he is an Emperor after all.."

"My dear Empress, why don't we let you eat first and have a nice warm bath after?"

"That would be lovely."

.........

Wei Ying nervously looked at his Uncle in law, who was talking to his husband. The man never like him in the first place.

Lan Qiren had never like his bold and mischievous personality. He is trying to change for the best.

Wei Ying gripped on his robes as he listen to the two as they talked about heirs.

"Wangji, it is clear that Wei Wuxian is infertile. We need a heir! And my conclusion is we will get you a concubine!"

Wei Ying knew about this. He grew under his Uncle's Empire. Was thought about everything. It's normal for an Emperor to have a concubine or more than that. But, by just thinking about it hurts his chest.

"Starting tomorrow, i will be introducing you to the best concubines that will be present here!"

Li Hong looked at Wei Ying in worry. "My dear Empress..."

"It's fine, A-Hong. An Emperor having a concubine or more is normal. Right?"

Li Hong just stayed silent.

"And, Lan Zhan vowed to be on my side until the end. He always keep those."

Wei Ying said before he went to his office to do paper works.

.........

Just what Lan Qiren said, he started to introduced many concubines to Lan Wangji. All of them were women..

But, Lan Wangji didn't even took interest on any of them.

Lately, he has been acting just as he was before he took the throne. Wei Ying was happy about it. 'I knew i was just being dramatic..'

"Lan Zhan, do you wanna go to the garden tonight? I want to spend time in there with you alone."

"Anything for Wei Ying."