𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝟑𝟎𝟎𝟎 ➳ stark!reader | wanda maximoff

●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

Summary : when i look up into the sky, i see your face, do you see mine? 

NOTE: I broke my own heart writing this... so like, fair warning (Angst/Hurt/comfort)

listen to the song above ^

I Love You 3000

You watched the lyre float into the water, Morgan hugging your side tightly. You kissed her forehead as you watched it flow in the water. Your mom wrapped her arms around your shoulder and you leaned into her back. A trail of silent tears ran down your cheek and Morgan reached up with her little hand to wipe it away, giving you a small smile.

That only made the tear flow down harder and you reached up to wipe it away. Morgan hugged your neck as people started disappearing from the pier and back to the house.

There was no way to describe this feeling. There's no words. Just pain. Like your heart wasn't beating anymore, how can it when your dad, someone you always leaned on, someone who's always there for you even in his rough time, it's gone. What do you do when your whole world stopped but the rest of the world keeps moving on without you?

You spotted Wanda to the side, staring at the lake. Mom took Morgan from your arms and your little sister wrapped her arms around Pepper. She wasn't really your real mom, but she's the closest to a mom you have, your real mom had abandoned you on your dad's doorsteps and he took you in.

You stared at the horizon for another while, letting the tears flow freely down your cheeks and drowning in your own thoughts and the quiet woods around you. You know by now many would have left already given that they wanted to give you guys a quiet place.

Happy was staying for a while before going. You know Clint is going back to his family. Thinking of Clint made you thought of Natasha and you couldn't stop the choked sob that escaped your lips. You could feel the presence behind you and you knew Wanda long enough to recognize her footsteps.

She wrapped her arms around you without a second thought and you buried your face into her shoulder, sobs rocking your body. There were tears falling down her face as well but she held you. You were the most important thing in Wanda's life at the moment. You had always been there for her, and Wanda wanted to repay you for all the time you had held her when you remembered all the loss.

Your dad was one of the luckiest in the Avenger, managing to keep his whole family and even started a new one. You should've known that luck won't last. You had lost Wanda once, then Natasha, who was like an annoying older sister to you, then you dad. The universe isn't fair.

"Let it out," Wanda whispered quietly, her hug bringing the warmth you thought you had lost. Her hands were running through your hair and you leaned into her touch. "I'm here."

You wanted to blame everyone. Blame Thanos for bringing the war to your doorstep. Blame fate for being so cruel and cutting their life string. Blame your dad for being so damn heroic and charging into battle knowing full well he will die. Blame Strange for telling your dad that they could only win in one reality. Blame Clint for letting Natasha fall. Blame Nat for being that stupid heroic person she is. Blame the Avengers for not holding a fucking funueral for her because they don't have a body.

Wanda just held you, and you wanted to tell her how thankful you are for being there for you but what came out was, "Nat deserves a funeral" in between choked sobs. "They didn't give her a funeral."

"We'll hold one for her, darling," Wanda kissed your cheeks, ignoring the salty tastes on her lips. It doesn't matter, she wanted to be there for you. "We'll do one as soon as possible."

You nodded. Giving Wanda a teary smile as you finally stood up from your spot on the pier. You glanced back, noticing your mom staring out the window. But she disappeared behind the curtain when she met your eyes. You let out a small chuckle, despite the pain that was still deep in your chest. You turned to Wanda, who kissed your lips with softness and love. "Mom is staring at us like some teenagers coming back from a date."

"We could hardly be called teenagers," Wanda kissed you again. You leaned into her kiss and allowed yourself to lose yourself for a little while. Wanda pulled away, but she still leaned her forehead against yours. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah," you whispered softly. Wanda took your hand, placing it on your heart, her fingers lacing with yours.

"They'll always be here. Forever."

"Sometimes, when I look into the sky, I pretend for a while that he's still there," you reached up into the sky, glancing at it with a longing look in your eyes. "Like he's just far in the cloud, flown so high that I can't no longer see him." Your arms came down and Wanda took it, giving it a gentle squeeze. "But then I remembered that he's no longer with us and I don't know how much of this pain I can take. I can pretend, but I can't shake the feeling that something's missing."

Wanda wrapped her arms around you. "Can I take you somewhere?"

"Of course," you agreed softly. Wanda wrapped her arms tightly as she took the two of you into the skies. The wind against your face made you feel as if you were flying with your dad again. Like he was still with you for a while. Wanda wrapped her arms tighter around you before bringing the two of you back down on the ground.

It was further into the wood and Wanda used her power to make a lyre. "For Natasha," she whispered as she placed it in the water, not yet releasing it. "For being the most amazing person ever and taking me in even when I had fought against her. For making me feel welcome and at home when I joined the Avengers."

She handed it to you. You placed it gently in the water again. "Natasha... I hope you know I hate you so much for being so damn heroic. I wished you would have come back to me. I missed you so much. Everyday, I always expect you to pop out of nowhere and tease me about a certain way I'm dressing or the fact that I'm showing too much PDA with Wanda-" Wanda chuckled with you and you wiped away the tears. "I love you so much. I would never regret the day I met you. I love you 3000. You're the sister I wish could stay with me longer."

You released the lyre into the water. Wanda wrapped her arms around you as it flowed into the water. Wanda walked with you beside the lake until the evening sun dropped below the horizon and the stars came out for another night.