nineteen ; nothing

Start from the beginning

"Alright!" He cheered, putting an arm around my shoulder and shooting the invitation up in the air "Another California party, the perfect way to celebrate today!" The tension in the room slowly resided as David and Casey joined in with their shouts of excitement and panic running around the room to get ready for the event.

I sighed, feeling a sense of relief that I avoided another confrontation about my feelings. Although, the constant glances Casey gave off made me think my exceeded time in the bathroom would not go unnoticed.

When we arrived at the party we were all completely shocked. We expected a few people drinking and laughing around the kitchen but instead the place was completely packed by a bunch of faces I never saw before. It was almost like an exclusive club but in reality it was just Ashton's condo.

"Holy shit" Casey exclaimed as we stood at the front door scooping out the scene.

Two girls, wearing a little too much makeup and tight black dresses walked past us giggling as they eyed David and Max. And like little puppy dogs, they began to trail behind the girls as a drop of drool escaped from the corner of their mouths.

Casey and I looked at each other before throwing our heads back, laughing. We made our way through the crowd, not once letting go of each other's hand afraid of losing each other in the waves of sweaty unfamiliar faces, and towards the kitchen.

Just then I spotted Ashton leaning against the counter sipping on a drink and chatting with couple of his friends.

"Ashton!" I called waving my hands at him. He immediately shot his head up towards our direction and excused himself from his friends, making his way towards us.

"Frankie! You made it" He beamed giving me a hug, careful not to spill his drink.

"Oh this is Casey, Casey this is Ashton" Casey shook hands with Ashton but I could clearly see how flushed her cheeks were getting.

"So you're the famous Ashton, I heard so much about you"

"Oh really?" Ashton rose his eyebrows at me "I hope they're all good things"

A girl with bright pink and purple hair caught my eye as she made her way pass the kitchen and I just knew it was Beth.

"I'll be right back Case" I said, as she nodded and returned to her conversation with Ashton.

I pushed my way through the sea of sweaty bodies calling Beth's name until I lost sight of her. Just then I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me to the side.

"Nicki!" I beamed as soon as I recognized her infamous blonde hair illuminating against her dark clothing.

"Hey I didn't think you'd make it" She smiled handing me a cup, Beth popped out of the crowd and immediately embraced me in a hug.

"Frankie! I'm so sorry we bailed on you last time" She pouted pouring some alcohol in my cup then placed the bottle on the table next to us.

I shrugged, taking a sip from my cup and flinched at the bitter taste "It's fine, I totally understood."

For some reason I asked where Michael was and immediately regretted it as soon as it left my lips. I quickly took another sip hoping to burn the words on my tongue, but it was too late, for the answer I received was too painful to bare.

"I think he's somewhere here with his girlfriend" Nicki grumbled trying to cover her words with her cup. But I heard it, I heard it clearly.

I felt a sharp pain in my heart, almost as if someone shot a dart without me knowing and it exploded in my body hitting every vital organ I obtained. I forced a smile out, Nicki and Beth watched as I put my cup down on the table and drew a sharp breath.