24. {xan's jealousy}

Start from the beginning

moonee peeped her head out, "hey!"

"hey? you're up earlier than usual."

"yeah..."

"um, are you-are you going to school?" isaac asked, nervously.

"yeah." scott nodded.

"okay... me too." isaac agreed.

"well, duh." moonee muffled as she scrubbed her teeth.

"good."

"can i ask you a question?" isaac finally said.

"okay..."

"are you angry with me?"

"no."

"ae you sure?"

"...no."

moonee laughed, the two boys were so awkward with each other, she enjoyed their interactions. she moved to the side, allowing the two to face each other without her being in the way.

"what does that- what does that mean?" isaac inquired, awkwardly.

"i guess i'm not really sure how i'm feeling..." scott tried to explain.

"okay." isaac nodded, "...do you hate me?"

scott sighed, "no, of course not." he answered, instantly.

"do you want to hit me?" isaac interrogated.

both scott and moonee looked taken aback. scott shook his head, "no."

"i think you should hit me." isaac insisted.

"i don't want to hit you." scott reassured him.

moonee was looking back and forth between the two boys as they spoke - they always entertained her.

"are you sure?"

"why would i want to hit you?" scott asked him, "you didn't do anything, did you?"

"no, no. i mean, um..." isaac stammered, "w-what do you mean?"

"i mean, like, you didn't kiss her or anything, right?" scott asked, smiling nervously.

"no!" isaac exclaimed, "absolutely not. no."

"...did you want to?"

"oh, yeah. totally." isaac answered almost too quickly.

moonee facepalmed. she loved isaac but he always said the wrong thing at the wrong time. scott always set him up, and he easily fell for it. the next thing she knew, isaac had been thrown back, into the wall. an old photo of moonee, scott and franchie was knocked off the wall. thankfully, moonee put her arm out to lift it mid-air.

isaac was groaning in pain when melissa came up the stairs. she observed the boy on the ground, and the large photo frame levitating because of moonee.

"that has definitely left a mark." moonee shook her head, referring to isaac.

"hey!" she exclaimed, startling the two. "you two supernatural teenage boys? and supernatural tween girl."

"thank you." moonee mumbled while placing the picture down, "you know, i'm a teen now."

"don't test my entirely un-supernatural level of patience!" melissa ordered. she pointed at the two accusingly, before walking off.