Bad News

[Keon's POV]

Today is Friday and Heather comes back. I put the house key she gave me on the kitchen counter. But before I left her house i sat on the couch wondering if I should apologize to Amina. I don't feel bad for what I did but I didn't mean to hurt her. I ignored my feelings and walked out the house to my car. I sat in my car for a while and I went to go make some plays.

*7:30 Friday night*

I've been making plays all day trying to get my mind off Amina but I can't. I decided to give my homeboy Ryan a call.

Me: Wassup mane
Ryan: Waddup
Me: You remember Amina?
Ryan: The one who used to mess with Cortez?
Me: Yea man her
Ryan: What about her?
Me: Mane i ate her out now she tripping
Ryan: Probably because she a virgin and she thought you was gone mess wit her
Me: Damn i didn't know she was still i mean she 18 hell. You don't find many like that no more.
Ryan: Yea well Cortez used to beat on her so that's why they broke up.
Me: That's crazy but ight i'm about to come by the crib for a second.
Ryan: Bet

We were otp for like 20 minutes by the time we got off the phone i had pulled up to the house. I started to roll up in the car and as soon as i was about to light the blunt Diamond came knocking on the window. I rolled the window down and said "Stop knocking on the window and get in". She rolled her eyes getting in the car as i rolled the window back up. "Where you been?" she said. I looked at her and said "I can't even smoke in peace. I been out making moves". She sat back and with a attitude on her face. Of course I wasn't worried about that I was too busy trying to get my mind off Amina. Me and Diamonds relationship is toxic as hell. I don't do the toxic but she held me down when i didn't have nothing. I'm also not the type to just go around having sex with everything walking. I started to smoke and Diamond was talking but i was zoning out. I kept picturing Amina crying in front of me. "I haven't had my period yet." she said. I snapped out of it and looked at her. I put my blunt out because she just messed my mood up all the way. "We ain't been together in 2 months. So why would you just now tell me" I said. She sat quiet in the seat looking down. "It can't be mines you was messing around when we broke up" i continued. Next thing I know she starts crying. Now when Diamond cries I get irritated. She literally cries for no reason! She could drop her toothbrush on the floor and cry. She's so damn dramatic. "You serious Keon? It's your baby I messed around once" she said. I started to laugh because I honestly couldn't take her seriously. "All it takes is for you to mess around once and you'd be pregnant but you don't even know if your pregnant and if you are you already know i'll take care of it." I said annoyed. "I'll get a test done then" diamond said getting out the car. I didn't have time to chase after her and deal with her shit.

I got out the car and walked in the house heading towards my room I seen Ryan sitting in the game room. I walked in and said "Why you looking like det". He looked up at me like he had been crying. That nigga don't ever cry so I knew some was up plus we was just on the phone and he was normal. "Somebody did a drive by on ma house and she was home" he said looking down. I walked out the room and went into my bedroom. I closed the door and picked a book out from my bookshelf and started to read it. Im not the type to really express how i feel so i guess you can say my attitude shows it. My mom took care of me after my dad went to jail. Heather took care of us from time to time. My mom took Ryan in while he was in foster care. My dad introduced me to the streets when i was 7. Ryan stayed home with my mom and my dad got locked up when I was 12. So, me and Ryan been running the streets every since.

I've been reading for about two hours now and my phone been blowing up. Of course i'm ignoring it i don't want to here everyone's condolences especially the ones who talked shit about my mother. Fake love is all i've ever had and I damn sholl don't need it now. All i have on my mind right now is finding out who did this.