I was not surprised when I saw few mothers drag their children to their houses for dinner. The lamps lightened nearly all the houses. Few elderly sat under the banyan tree in middle of a square talking about latest gossip of capital. I asked them where I can get a good horse. They immediately replied a merchant had arrived in capital with great breeds of horses. I thanked them and walked towards the direction. Our of pure kindness one of the bullock cart driver offered me a ride to the place. The entire capital looked calm. The regal fort of Devgiri which sat on this regal plane looked calm from out but only a few could sense the mayhem inside.

I marched towards their tents and went straight to the merchant who is talking to a purchaser but not before thanking the cart driver. "I want your fastest and strongest horse. " I said in a no nonsense tone of mine. "Little boy this is a merchant's business. If you have money I will give you horse." He said may be calculating whether I am a purchaser or simply lad fooling around. "I want your strongest and fastest horse." I said as I handed him a bag filled with gold coins. He opened it with a surprised face before asking me to follow him.

"Who are you ? You are giving away this much money like it is nothing." He is trying to figure out my identity. "A rich person." I smirked. Two can play the game.  "Your family. Your native place." Not giving up I see. Soon we reached a stable to find a midnight black horse tied to alone stall. There are remains of broken wood all around him. He looks like a violent one. "Be careful he allows no-one to get closer to him. Many of my men had broken their limbs to it." But I was already moved towards him. He moved violently when I approached him. I dogged his attacks and keep my hand on his forehead looking into his eyes. He instantly calmed. I set his bridle and sadle. I mounted him.

"You are amazing but you didn't told your name young man." He asked in amazed voice. "Rudra Pratap." I said before running away on him. "What's your name? Oh I forget to ask the merchant." I asked the horse. He gave me no reply or reaction. "Garud" No reply. "Dhruv" Still no reply. "Tejas" He jumped happily. "You are Tejas from now onwards. Rudra Pratap and Tejas. Nice names aren't they." I said chuckling as we rode away as swift as wind in night. After sometime I started marching towards the tavern.

As expected of a tavern. Most of the people are drunk and babbling their secrets. I neared a table it was filled with few merchants and soilders.
"Brothers I came a bit late. All tables are filled can I seat here." I asked politely. "No problem brother come sit with us." One of them said. Patting the seat beside him. I sat there. "A drink for all this kind brothers." I said to the waiter. Flipping three silver coins to him. "Keep the change." I added. Giving away gold will raise more problems than needed. "From where do you come brother. You look rich." One of the merchant asked. He is slightly less drunk. "I came from a area near Tungabhadra river. My father is a rich farmer and want me to continue family business. I want to roam the world. So we came to a agreement. I can stay away from home for three years but then I have to settle down." I said fabricating the false story. They looked satisfied with my answer.

"So how is the capital brothers ? Is there anyone I must stay clear off." I enquired them. "Just stay clear from higher military officers and ministers and their minions. Everything will be good." One of them said. "Yeah. That was my golden rule. Stay clear from officers they are more trouble than required in my bachelor life." We all laughed at the comment. More drinks are served. I just drank some mild alcohol. My tolerance might be good but I don't want to end but drunk. After some time they started to spill their guts.

"You know they are saying that Yurani is wonderful fighter she defeated the Senapati and Sultan who came from Kabul." One of them said. "She is just a child. Even though she can't save us from that cruel Senapati and his minions." Another one added. "Do you know he took away the cotton merchant's daughter away for two weeks and then thrown her on her house's doorsteps last week. No one know what happen she had not spoke anything from that time." The merchant who asked my name said. "True. They are saying his son is also to sick. He called all the famous doctors and physicians. Still there is no progress. Poor man." The first person added. It sppear as I'd that rascal Senapati is more cruel than I thought. And Maharaj are absolutely ignoring his wrongdoings.