002 :: SAFE SECRETS.

Start from the beginning

"Agent Gideon told me not to tell anyone. He said he wants you guys to figure it out." Jennie told the group, moving another chess piece, "I'm surprise you guys haven't done so, yet. It only took me a night."

"Okay, smartie-pants, not all of us have Hotch as our dad." Derek remarked, throwing a crumpled piece of paper towards the girl.

"Well, fine. He wants us to figure it out on our own? I'm up for a challenge." Elle spoke confidently, shrugging her shoulders.

"Good. Because these go to you." JJ walked up to the group, a stack of files in her hands. As she placed them down on Elle's desk, she extended out her hand "Special Agent Jennifer Jareau. JJ, if you'd like."

"Elle." The brunette shook JJ's hands.

"Greenaway." Jennifer nodded, a smile on her lips, "Highest number of solved cases in Seattle, three years running. Speciality in sex offender cases."

Elle looked at Jennie, her eyes widening, impressed "Not bad."

"Well, Im the unit liaison." JJ began walking off, talking over her shoulder, "My speciality is untangling bureaucratic knots. You'll probably be talking to me a lot. My door is always open, mostly because I'm never in my office. So, just call me on my cell, okay? We'll talk."

As the blonde walked towards Hotch's office, Elle's eyes widened. The room was silent for a moment, before Jennie moved a peace on the chess board, then cheering "Checkmate!"

Spencer's eyes widened once more, his face written in shock as he looked down at the board, "How?!"

Jennie could them hear her father come out of his office, as JJ asked him "Did you watch it?

"Yeah, I think everybody should see it." Aaron told the blonde, beginning to make his way to the conference room, while speaking over the railing "BAU team, can you meet me in the conference room, please? I need to show you something."

As everyone got up from their seats, Aaron moved his eyes to his daughter, "Jennie, honey, buy yourself some lunch from that shack down the street. Pick me up a sandwich too, please."

The man took his wallet out of his pocket, throwing it to his daughter. Jennie caught the wallet, sighing as she stood from the chair she had been sitting in.

Derek let out a faint chuckle, ruffling the girl's hair before following the rest of the team into the conference room. And with that, Jennie left the building, and walked down to the food shack.

───

WHEN THE case was solved, Hotch sat at his seat on the plane, looking out of the window, emotionless.

That was when Gideon had sat across from him, reading his face like a book, before speaking "Thinking about her, again?"

Aaron's eyes adverted to Jason, noticing his presence, his voice low as he spoke "Yeah."

The man's eyes went back to outside the window, while Gideon only continued staring at him, "She's a good kid, you know."

"Not good." Hotchner shook his head, a small smile forming on his lips, "Perfect. She's perfect. Don't know how I managed to pull that off."

Gideon's lips formed into a small, compassionate smile, slightly motioning his head to side in wonder "Then what is it? What are you thinking about."

Aaron remained silent, a slight shake of his head. However, that was enough for Gideon to analyze in his mind what was happening.

The older man let out a small sigh, "Maya Gonzales."

The father turned his head to Gideon, but still remained silent.