60 : u n i v e r s e . o n e

Start from the beginning

Kia gripped the sheets that still covered her legs, "I think we know what that mass of magic energy was."

The other two looked at her questioningly.

"I'm not sure, but it's possible that the Spriggan who fell was Serena." Kia held up a hand with three fingers raised, "And there are the most Dragon Slayers gathered in the north. Gajeel was in the team headed to back up Sabertooth."

Verani and Amber both paled a little.

"He's joined the fighting already?" V asked, immediately worried about her brother if the Black Dragon decided to change course and head south.

Kia nodded, "That's what I believe it is."

She pushed the sheets to the side, swinging her feet to the floor, "We're going to have to start moving."

Verani pushed off the wall, "I guess I should go let Grandpa know what's up."

Amber kept a close eye on Kia as she got to her feet. She was still a little shaky from being that frigid for so long, but they both knew it wasn't anything she wouldn't workout from just moving around some. "Before we do anything, I want to redo our communication runes."

The blonde turned back around, "That's probably a good idea."

They all held out their arms as the Blood mage made quick work of the runes. Nothing was said as she worked, the three were all inside their own heads. There was an anxiousness welling up inside each of them. Two were worried about the outcome of the fight while one was wondering if this would be when she finally went all out.

As Amber finished, her arms slowly fell to her sides, "Are you really ready for this, Kia?"

Neither of her friends moved as they watched the Phoenix Slayer start for the door, "I don't really have a choice." She stopped when her hand hit the knob, "Zeref opened his big mouth and he knows now." Her grip tightened, "So as much as I want to protect him from all of that, he has a say in it now."

The pair traded glances between each other and the pinkette's back. They had assumed that Natsu had learned the truth, but hearing that confirmation was different. Things were only going to get more and more complicated now.

"So what's your plan?" V took a few steps forward. "How do you want to go forward with Acnologia and the book problem?"

Amber nodded even if they didn't see it, "Do you want us to handle one of those for you?"

Kia's heart dropped a little, "No. I'll figure something out."

A quiet growl rolled in the blonde's throat, "And here you go trying to carry the weight of everything on your own. Newsflash: we're here to help. We know what needs to be done, Kia. Just say the word."

"I know that." Her shoulders sagged, "But that doesn't mean I like it."

V huffed, "Well there's a lot of things that you do that I don't like either."

"I can second that thought." Amber added.

Kia took in a shaky breath as she tried to come to terms with dragging her best friends into this giant mess - her giant mess - again. But she didn't get any further in that thought process because a warm red glow began seeping through the floorboards under their feet.

"What the hell?!"

And they were no longer in the guild hall.

||~x~||

Verani was pissed. They didn't have a clue where they were and she couldn't find Amber or Kia anywhere. If Kia's suspensions were correct, they needed to be headed off to deal with Acnologia, but instead she was remembering how much she hated running on sand and dealing with these low-level idiots who weren't even making her break a sweat.