Saved

I don't want to live anymore. I don't want to feel this pain any longer. I want to die. I'm really gonna do this, huh? I'm gonna jump. I'm no longer going to be in this cruel world. I mean, it's not like anyone will miss me. The only person that was worth living for is gone, so what's the point. So, I really am going to do it. 3. 2. 1- what?

"Don't do it. It's not worth it." I hear a gentle voice whisper as his strong arms hold me down. The confusion that once rushed over me is now gone, and is replaced with anger.

"Let me go!" I shout, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I don't know what you're going through but this won't solve anything." He says, gently holding me in his arms as we sit at the walkway of a bridge.

"Please. Please! Please let me go! I don't want to be here. I want to die!" I yell as my sobs are becoming more aggressive. I thought all my pain would end but I'm still here. Now I have to feel the pain of losing him and being stopped from seeing him once again.

"I'm so sorry but I can't let you go until I know you won't run away and jump off this bridge." The boy says. I just cry in his arms, every once in a while, hitting his chest and trying to get loose, begging him to let me die. Then, all I see is black due to my eyes suddenly closing.

Boy's P.O.V

Time to take my daily walk. How about I go a different way today. The view from the bridge is always beautiful so I guess I'll go there. I feel the cool wind brush against my skin as I calmly walk up to the bridge. I look ahead, only to see a girl admiring the view. I walk closer and notice she's outside of the fence.

Oh shit, please tell me she's not gonna jump. At this point, I'm running over to her. I now can see the tears slowly streaming down her face. I can see her lips move and she lets go of the fence, only for me to pull her back and into my arms. She screams and pleads for me to let her go and let her die.

I stay strong, even though I'm constantly being reminded of that night. Even though I'm trying not to cry over the way this random girl is yelling for me to let her die. I stay strong for her. Who knows if she has no one. I can be there for her. Suddenly, her sobs stop and her body goes limp.

"Hey, you ok?" I ask, gaining no response. I shake her and tap her, only to come to the conclusion that she fainted due to exhaustion. I lift her up and walk to the first place I could think of, the park.

Girl's P.O.V

I feel my eyes flutter open as I begin to examine my surroundings. How did I end up in a park? The events from before I blacked out start to rush back to me as I'm reminded of the stranger who stopped me from being free. I look around as I see that same stranger sitting right next to me. I don't hesitate to tell him off.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I say, clearly angered.

"What do you mea-" I cut him off.

"Why? Why didn't you let me die? Huh?!" I say, my tone of voice being raised.

"I wasn't gonna stand there and watch someone die, not again. Not if I can help it." He says, making a rush of guilt flow over me. 'Not again'

"Do you mind telling me why you decided to end your life, or attempt to end it?" The boy asks, his voice remaining soft and sweet, making me feel comfortable. But I built my wall the moment he left, some random boy being nice to me surely won't knock it down.

"Yeah, I do mind. You're a stranger. Some random guy who stopped me from ending my pain." I say, wishing I could die on the spot.

"Ok, so I'll change that. I'm Jungwon. Yang Jungwon. I'm 17 years old. My birthday is february 9th. I was born in 2004. My zodiac sign is aquarius. My favorite colors are green and purple, aka. The best color combination." The boy says with a smile. I let out a small chuckle without noticing.

"I'm sorry, Yang Jungwon. As in-" He cuts me off.

"Yes, as in sheep garden. Everyone laughs when they hear it." He says as I slightly smile at him. "Wait, did I make you laugh and smile?!" He asks, shocked by me showing an emotion other than sadness.

"Technically your parents made me smile. They gave you the name." I say and he shakes his head.

"Correction, my mom named me." He says with a proud smile.

"So your mom made me smile, not you." I say and he giggles, somehow bringing me comfort.

"Well, now we're only half strangers. You know me, so tell me about you." He says and I let out a sigh.

"Hyuna. Shim Hyuna. I'm also 17. Born in 2004. By birthday is-" I stop as he cuts me off.

"I bet I can guess your birthday!" Jungwon says, confidently.

"Go for it." I say, not really caring at this point.

"Well, you look like a spring baby." He says, making my eyes widen a bit. "So I was right!" He says and I nod my head.

"May, right?" He says, making me nod my head with a slight smile.

"The 20th?" He says and I shake my head.

"No, but you're close." I say and he nods.

"17th?" He asks.

"Ohh, so close!" I say with a chuckle.

"The 18th?" He asks and I nod with a smile. The most genuine smile I've felt in a while. The most I've smiled in a while, actually.