Tip 5: Hair

Chances are whether the doctors tell you or not you probably at one point will lose some or all of your hair, so plan ahead. I wish I would have listened to this tip and planned ahead. I had long hair down my back and stubbornly thought that I would be okay. After the first couple of treatments I started to notice pieces of my hair come out and didn't think too much of it. I just had a friend of mine who was a hairdresser cut my hair to my shoulders. Days later I'd notice pieces of hair on my clothes and on my pillow and my head became very sore. Even then I was still in denial until one day I was in front of the mirror and running my fingers through my hair and a big clump of hair came out. In disbelief I did it again and more hair came out. I cried and threw a winter hat on my head and would not take it off. I had my head shaved the next day and wore the hat until I was able to get a wig. So please decide and plan ahead what you will do. Maybe you don't care and will just go natural, or maybe you decide to wear a wig, hat, or scarf. If this is the case make an appointment at the places that deal with cancer and take whoever you feel comfortable with. Get your head fitted and try on and buy the wig, hat, or scarfs that make you feel good.