▪Chapter 31 (Gone)▪

Start from the beginning

     Izuku walked towards her, and the group didn't stop him. Because they knew what Inko and Hisako didn't. 

     "Mommy," Izuku said as he hugged his mother tightly, tears coming from his eyes for the second time that night. 

     Inko had to stop the urge to scrunch her nose in disgust, "Yes, My Baby-"

     She stopped dead- quite literally. His tears were not for her, they were for her death. 

     She gasped at the knife in her stomach. Her breathing becoming erratic. She didn't plan this- she thought, no, she knew, that Izuku still loved her. She was wrong. And that one mistake led to her kneeling over, gasping for air. 

     Hisako screamed, "Ma! Ma, it's going to be okay!" Her gaze turned towards Izuku. "How could you do this? To your own mother?!"

     Izuku's tears were gone, replaced by a small frown. The women in his family weren't the only ones that could act. 

     Izuku shrugged, "She treated me like trash- maybe even worse. How could she do that to her son?"

     Hisako felt her quirk begging to be used, so she used it. And as she did, nomus appeared from everywhere. From the sky, from beneath the ground, from the buildings. 

     It caught the group off-guard, but they fought as best as they could manage. However, they were outnumbered by fifty to one. Not to mention, fatigue was already growing from the previous battle. And previously, there were only three nomus. 

     Throughout the battle, Izuku analyzed. It was what he was best at. He analyzed everything- every move- that Hisako made in an effort to fight him. 

     Izuku had no quirk, sure, but that didn't make it any easier for Hisako. Izuku took a rock now and then or furniture as they somehow made their way into the building behind them. 

     When they were in the middle, Hisako fell towards the ground. That's when Izuku noticed it. She was twitching her fingers every now and then. Hisako never did unnecessary things. He finally realized: Hisako was controlling the nomus. 

     Nomus were made from humans, or past humans. They required a lot of time to fully develop, and since their attacks have been so frequent without time to fully regain strength, they didn't have time time to have fully developed nomus. 

     If she were to die, then.....

     Hisako smiled manically, "You think you've won?"

     She pushed him harshly towards the ground, placing her foot on his chest and successfully preventing him from standing back up. The gash on his face was dripping with blood, along with other minor injuries. He wanted to give up until explosions were heard from behind them with the scent of burning caramel. 

     Katsuki was limping because of his ankle, which seemed to be sprained. His arms were covered with blood; Izuku couldn't see his arm from underneath. Katsuki had cuts around his face, and a burn running across the side of his head, burning some of his hair with it. In conclusion, he looked horrible. 

     Izuku guessed that the others looked similar to that, and heck, he knew he looked like it too. 

     Before Katsuki used his quirk, Hisako took out a device with only one red button. 

     "Careful, 'Suki," she warned. "A bomb strong enough to obliterate this whole building is right underneath us."

     Her finger hovered over the button. Blood trailed down her nose in exhaustion, probably from her quirk overuse. 

     "Then, all of us die," she said.

     Izuku knew what he had to do, and the thought alone brought tears into his eyes. However, using the last of his dying strength, he mangled out of Hisako's grasp and took the remote from her. 

     Hisako struggled, using her quirk further to attract his body, but it backfired as his body pressed hers down. 

     "Run!" Izuku shouted, keeping Hisako from getting up as best as he could. "Kacchan, you have to run! Get out of here!"

     "No!" Katsuki shouted, suddenly aware of what Izuku was doing. "We'll find another way-"

     "We don't have time," Izuku struggled against Hisako, his grip on her fading. "Please, you need to get out of here! She's controlling the nomus! Please! Katsuki!"

     Katsuki shook his head, "No! I can't- I can't!"

     Izuku, despite the situation, smiled- a sad but big smile, "Your friends need you, Kacchan."

     Katsuki took a step back, and Izuku smiled even bigger, but it was false this time. A wobbly smile. 

     "Thank you," Izuku whispered as Hisako finally managed to wrestle out of Izuku's grip. But it was for nothing. Katsuki was running out, tears falling down his cheeks. 

     Katsuki heard a small, "I love you" from Izuku before Katsuki finally made his way out of the building. Seconds later, the building was gone. 

1343 Words