▪ Chapter 15 (Dinosaur, Firefighter, & Ponies) ▪

There were two nomus, regular ones that had the basic functions of regeneration and improved physical attributes. Apparently, the league had decided to stay out of this one and watch carefully on the behavior of the nomus on the sidelines.

     Katsuki cursed while his friends gave him a look that all said the same things: they couldn't use their quirks publicly (heroically) without their provisional license. 

     However, no heroes were arriving yet, and the closest heroes would take a while. So, the group decided to use their quirks anyways. Even Hisako. 

     One thing that Izuku noticed though was the way Katsuki's quirk was oddly surrounding his body in a lightning-like way. Izuku knew Katsuki's quirk. It was to create explosions with his palms. So, the visual was a bit different rom what he expected. 

     The only ever time he had seen Katsuki use his quirk was when Katsuki had saved him from Hisako that day. But by the time that Katsuki had used his quirk then, Izuku was already out. 

     What the group had done was a bit of a blur for Izuku. Sure, when Izuku was little, he had wanted to be a hero, so he had studied and analyzed them. However, he had parted ways from that a bit after middle school. But, he still liked to analyze quirks sometimes.

     Soon enough (mostly because I was lazy to describe a battle ;D), the nomus were gone, but Katsuki and the rest of the group were breathing heavily next to the now blown-up pop corn stand. 

     Izuku took this as a sign to go up to his sister; his previous anger disappearing to newfound concern. 

     "Are you alright, Hisako?" he asked gently, taking her hand with a small cut into his. 

     She retracted right away, "I don't need your concern. I don't need you."

      Izuku sighed, but nonetheless, he left her alone to check up on the rest of the group. 

     Mina was the first to spot him, "Pretty cool, right, Izuku? It was like we were real heroes!"

     A sigh was heard from behind them, and they were met with a very tired looking pro-hero. 

     "You kids were alright out there, but something seriously damaging could have happened..." he said with a hand running down his face. "I'm going to talk to the police about trying to excuse you kids though."

     Izuku nodded along, "Yeah, Mina, something bad could have happened."

     She just smiled, "Heroes, even heroes in training, should be able to risk their lives for people, ya know?"

     The rest of the group nodded their head. Katsuki eyed Hisako from the corner of his eye, for she seemed to be angry. Not angry about Izuku (though she usually always is), but about the mission going well. 

     He was brought out of his darkening thoughts when he heard a worried voice. 

     "Kacchan!" Izuku called for the third time. He seemed to be focused on something, but Izuku wanted to check the cut on his face. He motioned with his arms that he wanted to see Katsuki's face, and Katsuki smirked when he thought it looked like a baby wanting a toy. 

     He gladly laced his face between Izuku's hands, and Izuku began to check for major injuries. He sighed and opened a pouch on his chair. From there, he grabbed a first aid kit. It was mostly full of small supplies like dinosaur band aids, small gauzes, and some medicine. 

     Since the cut was small, Izuku put some medicine around the area and asked, "Do you want the dinosaur band aid or the firefighter one? Oh! There's a pony one, too!"

     His first aid kit was from a long time ago, if you can't tell, and Izuku didn't get hurt too often, so he didn't really need to restock with supplies. 

     Katsuki let out a small laugh, "I'll take the pony one." Why? Well, mostly because Izuku was most excited about that one, and it had a few rainbows in its patterns. It was fitting. 

     Izuku smiled before placing the bright pink band aid on his cheek. 

     Eijiro shouted from next to him, "I want the firefighter!"

     Mina yelled, too, "I want the dinosaurs!"

     Momo rolled her eyes with tease when she was able to create her own supplies for the rest of the group, but Hisako didn't accept any. 

. o O o . 

     It was late at night when Katsuki silently opened Izuku's attic window. Immediately, he spotted the cute freckled boy in his green-striped pajamas. Katsuki didn't want to wake him up, so he quickly and carefully placed the small brown bear plushie he had gotten at the group's last minutes at the amusement park. 

     Izuku shifted in his sleep to lay flat on his back, and Katsuki's eyes widened when he saw the dark purple bruises on his neck and upper chest. 

     It would have been pointless to wake him up and ask for answers at the moment, so Katsuki put the bear near Izuku's sleeping figure and left, feeling uncomfortable and angry because he knew those weren't from Izuku falling or tripping. 

      But not before placing a small kiss on his forehead and whispering, "Hopefully we'll get to go again sometime. But next time, it'll just be you and me."

     He closed the window back slowly, and just when Katsuki was gone, Izuku opened his eyes and smiled. 

     "I hope so, too, Kacchan."

903 Words