The Sorting Ceremony.

"Poor little first years," said Lavender, peering out of the window of their horseless carriage. Even in the short amount of space between the station and the carriage, the girls all wound up drenched and were very grateful for the warm carriages that were magically enchanted to heat up or cool down based on the weather. (Y/n) didn't think she'd need her umbrella in the short amount of time and paid for it as a result.

"Do wizards not know what umbrellas are?" (Y/n) asked, watching as several students were rushing around with their arms and cloaks as umbrellas.

"Guess not," Padma mused. With a great lurch, the long procession of carriages was rumbling and splashing their way toward the Hogwarts Castle.

"I'll let you two use my umbrella," (Y/n) told Parvati and Lavender.

"Don't be ridiculous. You're more likely to get sick than we are," Parvati said.

"I know a spell that'll turn the rain into an umbrella for Pads and I," (Y/n) continued, ignoring Parvati.

"Oh," Parvati mumbled.
Through the gates, adorned with statues of winged boars, and up the sweeping drive, the carriages trundled, sawing dangerously in what was fast becoming a gale. Hogwarts grew nearer and nearer, its many lighten windows blurred and shimmering through the thick curtains of rain. A flash of lightning lit the sky up as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a little flight of stone steps. People who occupied the carriages in front were already hurrying up the stone steps and into the castle.
With the little light available, (Y/n) was positive she was able to make out Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville Longbottom dashing up the steps. Parvati hopped out first, holding the umbrella up for Lavender and when the two stepped away from the carriage and up the steps, (Y/n) hopped out and cast her spell, making an umbrella from the falling rain for her and Padma. She, likely, would be told off, but she really didn't care for getting soaked right now. They looked up only when they were safely inside the cavernous, torch-lit entrance hall, with its magnificent marble staircase. (Y/n) undid her spell and cast a hot air charm on her and her friends in addition to Harry's little group.

"Thanks," Hermione panted, tired from the running they did.

"Blimey," said Ron, "if that keeps up the lake's going to overflow. We were soak— ARRGH!"
A large, red, water-filled balloon had just dropped from out of the ceiling onto Ron's head and exploded. Drenched, gasping, and sputtering, Ron staggered sideways into Harry just as a second water bomb was dropped— narrowly missing Hermione, who had jumped out of the way and into (Y/n). It burst at Harry's feet, sending a wave of cold water over his sneakers and socks, soaking them. People all around them shrieked and started pushing one another in their efforts to get out of the line of fire. Twenty feet above them, Peeves the Poltergeist, a little man in a bell-covered hat and orange bow tie, his wide, malicious face contorted with concentration, took aim again.

"PEEVES!" yelled an angry voice. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"
Professor McGonagall, the deputy headmistress and Head of Gryffindor, had come dashing out of the Great Hall; she skidded on the wet floor and grabbed Hermione around the neck to stop herself from falling.
"Ouch— sorry, Miss Granger—"

"That's all right, Professor!" gasped Hermione, massaging her neck.

"Peeves, got down here NOW!" barked Professor McGonagall, straightening her pointed hat and glaring upward through her square-rimmed spectacles.

"Not doing nothing!" cackled Peeves, lobbing a water bomb at several fifth-year girls, who screamed and dived into the Great Hall. "Already wet, aren't they? Little squirts! Wheeeeeeeeee!" And he aimed another bomb at a group of second years who had just arrived.