"No Peggy. It's okay I-"

"No Y/n! I have to." I stayed quiet, letting her continue. 

"I love Steve." She squeezed my hand, "I always have." She started to cough when I saw a pitcher of water. I got up quickly, pouring her a glass and helping her up to drink it. "Here you go."

She ignored it, grabbing my arm, "You can hate me Y/n..."

"What are you talking about? I could never hate you."

Peggy shook her head, "For Steve. For loving him. For lying to you."

I gave her a soft smile, "I will never hate you, Peggy. You're my sister. And I'm never leaving you again."

"I love you, little sister."

"I love you, big sister." I placed the glass down, resting my elbows on my knees, "Now can I tell you a secret?"

Suddenly I felt like we were back home in London, sitting in her room as we talked about which guy was cutest at S.H.I.E.l.D. Or how I would paint her nails and talk about her kicking people's asses all day. "Spill it." She smiled, waiting for me to continue. 

"Bucky and I are sort of a thing."

She smirked, "You and Sargent Barnes?"

I grinned, "Yeah me and Barnes. I've been able to see color now for eight decade- I mean for three years now."

"Stop smiling like that," She playfully smacked my hand, "It looks like you slept with a hanger in your mouth." I laughed, missing her humor. 

"I'm happy for you Y/n. You have someone else than me taking care of you." I nodded, "Yeah I do,  Peggs. I do."

I took a deep breath, standing up. I leaned in, wrapping my arms around my sister, "I'm gonna let you get some rest, okay?" I kissed her forehead, feeling her squeeze my hand. "I'll come back tomorrow." She nodded in understanding. 

"Alright. See you tomorrow, little sister."

I walked out, looking back to make sure she was okay first. Making my way up to reception the same lady was sitting there. Her eyes were wide and waiting for me to talk. 

"I want to be notified if her condition changes." I grabbed the pen scribbling down the number of the burner phone I had picked up. While Bucky and I lived in Bucharest we had gone into some apple stores, learning how to use technology everyone seemed to have now.

"That's my number. I'm now her emergency contact."

She nodded hastily, "Yes ma'am. And what's your name again?" 

"I'm Y/n Carter. You can notify Steve also but I want all updates coming to me first." Started to walk away, "And I want daily calls for her medical and mental status."

"Of course. See you tomorrow miss carter?

I nodded, "Mhm. Have a nice day."

I made it back to the tower, parking Stark's car back where I found it. The doors opened to the main lounge as Yelena walked up beside me, "Hey, how'd it go? Did you find her?"

I nodded, "I did."

Steve looked up, "How?"

I scoffed, "Why? Did you want to hide her from me forever? Your systems are easy to hack." Yelena smirked, "She's not wrong. I know all your personal information."

"And why would you need to know that?" Steve argued, making Yelena flip him off. "In case you piss me off too much and I get interested in.... oh let's say what you're allergic to or personal weakness'." Steve rolled his eyes, looking back down at his newspaper. 

"Anyway. Where'd everyone go?" I questioned, only us three here. 

"Well, there is a party going on upstairs. Everyone went."

"wait, everyone? Bucky too?" I knew he hated loud noises. We all did. Yelena nodded, "Yeah. He's been warming up pretty quickly. Mostly to Steve but Pietro and Thor also."

"That's good." I smiled, feeling happy he was getting to be normal again. He was having the life we should have so many years ago. 

"Do you want to go?" Yelena questioned, throwing on her vest. "Oh," I looked down at my sweater and plain skinny jeans. "Well, I'm not really ready for a party."

"Oh, I'm not either." She smiled, gesturing towards the elevators, "But It's a Stark party. Everyone's wasted so who cares?"

"Uhhhh. Okay, alright."

We made it upstairs, walking through the elevator to music blasting. People were drinking, as Yelena said. Some were playing games and others were mingling and hanging out at the bar. 

I looked over seeing Bucky. "Oh my god." I breathed out. "Bucky?"

He smiled, walking over to me in a plain black t-shirt and jeans, "Hey doll." But that wasn't the shocking part. Not at all. 

Bucky had cut his hair. 

_

A/N: I started writing this at 3:30 and it's now 5:44 so I'm getting up to go to the gym because it's the only productive thing I do every day. Also, I'm honestly loving the extra lines I'm adding so It's not exactly like the TikTok version. 

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote.