Six- Florelsket

We scurried up a nearby metal staircase as we reached another floor, higher from the explosions. Finally, we ran to a bridge connecting the opposite floors. Bucky held a tight grip on my waist as I was lightheaded from the blood seeping out of my head.  

"Captain America!" My head snapped up to meet the voice as Schmidt handed a case to Zola, slowly walking towards us. "I am such a big fan of your films." He motioned from him to Steve. I lowered Bucky's hand from my waist as I stood by Steve defensively. 

"Seriously, Steve. What kind of films are we talking about here?" I whispered as he stepped forward. "Great, ignore me. That's just great." Bucky kept a tight grip on the railing as I stepped slowly behind Steve. He walked to meet Schmidt in the middle of the bridge, explosions rocking the building below us. They stopped, facing one another. "You took down my entire army. Even with a girl by your side...Impressive" His eyes slowly widening as he glanced toward me. 

"Asshat," I whispered as Bucky laid a hand on my forearm, pulling me slowly back to him. "Not the right time, y/n." 

Steve swung his fist into Schmidt's face without a blink of an eye, knocking him back. "Let me remind you, you are outnumbered here."

Schmidt held his face, his skin dropping as if he was trying to hold it on his face. Steve took a deep breath before Schmidt fired back, "And you...are weak."

Steve held his shield to his face as Schmidt's fist created a sizeable dent in the metal. Steve's eyes widened, and before he knew it, he received a hard right hook to his cheek. His pistol falling over the side. I gasped, "Steve!!" I ripped myself from Bucky's grasp as I flung my fist into Schmidt. He stepped toward me without hesitation. I kicked him with the heel of my boot as he fell on his back into the metal grate. 

In the glimpse of an eye, I saw Zola rush to the lever pulling it down. Then, each of my feet on different sides of the platform started to spread apart. It slowly pulled as I attempted to grab the railing. 

"BUCKY!! STEVE! OH MY-" And like that, I lost both my footing as I fell. I held my arm out to the Men as I could hear bucky yell, "NO Y/N!!" But I couldn't reply as I felt my body thump onto the ground below me. My vision was blurred as the fall knocked the wind out of me. I held my hands over my face, trying to shield myself from the burning fire. I had fallen in a section that hadn't exploded. "Where is she?!" I could hear Steve yell above me. I wanted to scream. I wanted to let him know I was here. I started to sit up before I felt a shooting pain in my leg. I looked down as a bloody bone stuck from my knee. Groaning, I could still hear the conversation above me, even if it were muffled from the ringing in my ears.

"very sorry, captain," Schmidt spoke. I crawled to the side of the wall, pulling myself up. "only-small-pay-good-hydra." It was all I could hear as another explosion rocked the building above me. 

"I'm gonna kill him." I could hear Bucky scream before my vision blurred again. The last words I heard were from Schmidt before black overtook my eyesight. And I was unconscious.

******

A bright light blinded my eyes as I was standing at the end of a dock. Below me, the water rushed, and I could hear laughter behind me. I looked down to see a white summer dress flowing from my body. I lifted my hand to feel my hair in two french braids. I heard the laughter again as I spun around to see the one and only James Barnes sitting on a blanket with a little girl. Peggy sat on another, laughing with Steve. 

I wandered a step, weirdly standing in front of them instantly. 

Bucky looked up as the little girl played with his arm, so interested in it for some reason. "What's going on?" I asked, my voice echoing in my head.

He smiled, standing up next to me. "Hi, doll, let's take a walk." He held his arm out as I wrapped mine around it. He was wearing a white button-up and tan slacks. The sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbows as half of it was tucked into his waistline, the other flowing. 

I heard the birds chirping and the water sloshing from beside us. The treeline blurred from the distance as we strolled on the water's edge. "Bucky. Where are we?" He turned to me, taking my hands in his. "We're at home, doll." My brows furrowed as everything seemed to slow down. The wind rushed through as I turned to see the small brunette girl run to steve, knocking him over as he erupted into loud laughter. 

I turned my head again to face Bucky. "Am I dead?" I asked, gripping his soft hands tighter. He chuckled as he pulled me to walk again. "No doll. You aren't dead yet." I ripped my arm from him, "Yet?" He smiled, looking back from the girl and to me. "You need to get up." I was confused. Wasn't I standing?

Then everything changed. The small brunette girl started to blur until she was gone. Steve and Peggy were dead. I felt a freezing breeze surround me as I looked up. We were in the middle of a forest covered in snow. I snapped my head to bucky. The sight before me was frightening. Crystals covered his hair in frost as his eyes had black bags under them. His lips and nose were frostbitten. I yelped in fear as he stepped toward me. "You need to get up." He repeated, backing toward me until I fell into the snow. "What?" I muttered softly as he bent down to meet my eyes. 

"GET UP!!" was all he yelled before my vision turned black again. 

****** 

Suddenly heat overtook my body. I could feel the ground crack and shake underneath me as the pain in my knee radiated through my leg. I started to open my eyes as I saw a familiar man looking down at me. The blurriness subsided as the man gripped my arm, swinging it over his shoulder. I was still dizzy as I heard him mumble, "Come on, dear. We do not need to keep the boss waiting." Before the darkness surrounded me once again. 

A/N: Hi! I hope you guys are enjoying this book. Again it's based on my TikTok series. You don't have to watch that series to understand it, but it's easier. Anyways I start school in three days. My senior year, yay. So I will not be able to update as much, but I will definitely be keeping up with it, promise. Thank you for reading; I love y'all!!