● 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ●

|

|

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐊

Midgard

The explosion threw everyone into different directions. Nolahni was projected through the glass wall, landing not so far away from Nick Fury. Lying on the floor, she grabbed on her ears as if it would appease that feeling of constant ringing that echoed in her brain.

She wheezed and coughed, in shock from the sudden blast. But then, something worse happened. The panic caused by the explosion had triggered the dark powers within her, and despite the slightly blurry vision, she recognised the black mist she feared greatly emanating from her chest.

Her breathing became louder, her eyes widened as a suffocating feeling overwhelmed her. It felt as though water was filling her lungs, and she let out a cry of despair, the lump in her throat stopping any words from coming out. “Help” was what she wanted to just mutter.

Slowly, her senses were coming back. She could hear, and her vision had settled, but the panic was already rising in her chest, and being more aware of her surroundings was not helping her one bit. Nolahni managed to decipher Nick Fury’s voice giving orders to his agents, and could tell his voice was getting closer to where she was laying.

“Shit, you okay?” She gasped in response. “Oh! Good, you’re here, take care of your lady friend here, will you?” He then left, calling Romanoff’s name.

The Novarkian was confused. It could have been her unstable state, but she couldn’t possibly make sense out of the man’s words. Thus, until the familiar long blonde hair of her childhood friend appeared in front of her, a worried frown on his face. His glance went from her to the manifestation of dark magic and back to her.

“Deep breaths, dove, deep breaths.” He whispered, taking her into his arms, caressing her hair in a soothing manner. Her head was positioned on his chest, and though she couldn’t make out his heartbeat because of his armor, she could feel his warm breath on her face, which managed to calm her down after about three minutes.

The dark hue made its way back to her body as she sighed in relief, giving her best friend a grateful stare which he nodded at, patting her head in an awkward motion. Then he froze when he noticed the color of her eyes suddenly switching from a bright blue to a glistening amethyst color.

Her powers had always been too strong and overwhelming so when she felt something, her body was immediately responsive to it. And what she felt was other people’s emotions.

“Thor.” She called, her voice coming out as a whisper. “Fear. Anger. Banner.”

She hoped he would understand her hints as she couldn’t possibly think straight enough to formulate more words at that moment. The brunette could feel a big wave of fear from the redhead agent, and anger from the scientist that had apparently turned into his monster alter ego if one trusted the loud growls coming from the floor below.

A flicker of realization appeared in Thor’s eyes, and after a nod from the Novarkian, he carefully put her down, running to the big hole created a few feet away and jumping in, disappearing from the woman’s sight.

Taking a moment to gather her senses, she slowly stood up, stumbling a bit at first, but gaining her composure quickly afterwards and stepping towards the exit. Whatever was going on, Loki had something to do with it, and that angered her greatly. So far, she had been heartbroken by his actions, but now, he had almost caused chaos to be unleashed. And she was furious. 

He better hope someone stops me from reaching him. Because if the monster down there doesn’t tear him apart, I will. She thought.

Taking a turn in the corridors, she was met with an agent pointing her gun at her. Seeing as he was about to pull the trigger, she swiftly disarmed him with a side-kick. There was a beat when neither of them moved or said anything.

During that short moment, she studied him, noticing how he was dressed differently from the other agents present on the ship. And the fact that he attempted to harm her only confirmed her suspicions. They weren’t just under attack, the enemy had already infiltrated the place. Which could only mean one thing, they were going to free her irritating husband. And there was no time to waste.

Rushing to the man, she punched him twice, using her elbow to tackle him against the wall, and as he attempted to kick her and break free, she blocked one of his arms with hers,shoving his face with her hand, and spinning to make him lose balance. He successfully stumbled down, and as she saw a SHIELD agent coming her way to help, she took the opportunity to scurry away from the scene. She absolutely needed to reach the place where Loki was imprisoned as fast as possible.

But another problem surfaced. She did not know her way around, so she started running through corridors with the hope that she would somehow end up in the main room where their first meeting took place.

To her luck, after taking yet another turn, she saw a man that looked weirdly familiar giving orders to some other agents who then ran to complete their tasks. He turned his head and their eyes met and she immediately recognised him. He was the man Julianne Stark wished to court. Or so she assumed, she simply overheard the young girl’s conversation with Fury. She could feel how worry burned in his heart as he rushed to her.

“She’s fine.” She told him before he could say a word once he reached her.

“I’m sorry?” He tilted his head in confusion.

“Julianne. She fell, I don’t know where she is exactly, but I could feel her, which means she’s alive.” Nolahni explained briefly and he nodded, some of his worry washing off. “I need to get to Loki.”

Suddenly, they started to slide down and slip. The helicarrier was tilting.

“Shit, what the fuck?” The man muttered before turning back to the woman and giving her instructions on which way she needed to take for where she needed to be and then ran off in the direction she came from.

Suspecting him of making his way to the billionaire’s daughter, she dashed away, following the path indicated to her. 

|◇|

these updates are so slow, I'm so sorry, I've been busy with my other story, my exams & college applications, I'll try to update this and Sapphire more often