38 : Love or Responsibilities

Ethan's POV

I continue kneeling and begging but I can't hear anything but my mom's sobs. But I won't give up, I'm willing to kneel for weeks or even for months if it means they'll help me to find Zenadia. Nanatili akong nakayuko nang may isang pwersa na tumayo saakin. Kahit na nanlalabo tingin ko dahil sa luha, I can still see dad's worry face.

"Stop this already son.." pakusap nya pero sunod sunod akong umiling

"N-No.. No! I won't stop until--"

"Until what? Until you totally broke down? Until you completely lost everything?" tanong nya kaya natigilan ako sandali "Wake up, Ethan! This isn't how your mom and I raised you, you're more than this!"

Kaagad na lumapit si mom at pinigilan si dad but she couldn't.

"Forget her already, that's the best thing to do" mahinahon na sabi ni dad kaya napayuko ako "Don't give up all you have just for a girl. Remember who you are Ethan and your responsibilities! You're a crown prince, the next king of my and your mom's kingdom" aniya bago bumuntong hininga "Don't let your people suffer, and become one of the great leaders of this world" he said with full of authority

Tumalikod na sya saakin pero nakakailang hakbang palang sya ay nag salita ako.

"Don't I deserve to be happy?" tanong ko habang nakayuko

Nagsimula nanamang mamuo ang luha sa mata ko pero hindi ko iyon pinansin at tumingin kay dad kahit na nakatalikod na siya.

"Since I was a kid, I always follow your demands and orders. I achieve all the greatest and become all the most. I didn't even had a time to love someone because I'm too busy doing everything to make you proud and be worthy for the throne. But when I met her, when I met Zenadia.. I started to less care about my crown. She made me the happiest even in every simple ways. And you even admitted that you like her for me" sabi ko sa saka natawa ng mapakla bago pinunasan ang luha ko at napakuyumos ang kamao "Now, tell me dad, don't I deserve to be with someone who makes me happy?"

Sandali syang hindi umimik bago nagsalita ngunit nanatilo pa ding nakatalikod "You'll be engage with the first princess of Lightning Kingdom and marry her. Forget about that lady already and stop imagining that you'll end up with her, ‘cause you won't" aniya at lumabas na ng kwarto

Kita ko kung paano nag alinlangan si mom na lumabas pero sinundan nya pa din si dad. Nang hihina akong napaupo sa gilid ng kama ko at napasabunot sa buhok.

"AHHHHHHH!!!" puno ng galit akong nag palabas ng apoy at binato iyon sa kung saan

Sunod sunod na tumulo ang luha ko pero ang tanging nasa isip ko lamang ang sinabi ni dad. I don't want to be engage with someone else and I don't want to marry other woman except from my Zenadia.

Sunod sunod ang pag tulo ng luha ko dahil hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko, nang biglang may humwak sa pisngi ko kaya napamulat ako. At tulad kanina, nakita ko nanaman ang mukha ng babaeng pinakamamahal ko.

"You're such a crybaby" then instead of wiping my tears, she kissed it

Mas lalo akong napaiyak dahil sa ginawa nya. I want to hold her but I can't, I don't want her to disappear like she always does.

"W-What should I do?" I asked her

Hinaplos nya ang pisngi ko and everything feels so real. I can feel her warmth and even her presence. Fuck it! This illusion are getting more real.

"Am I being selfish if I tell you to not give up on me?" tanong nya at malungkot na ngumiti

"W-Where are you? W-Why do you keep on l-leaving me hanging and w-waiting for you?" I asked her again.