CHAPTER SIX: FASTLOVE

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to take a shower," he tells her. "I always take one before bed."

Dahlia looks at the clock on the wall as James abandons his dress shirt and tosses it in the laundry hamper. He has an undershirt on, but his arms are now bare. He's muscular with gorgeous skin. It's 11:00. Sunset was at 9:30.

"I can wait here."

He puts his finger underneath her chin and tilts her head upward.

"Do you want to have one with me?"

His voice is so soft that she can't help the little whimper that bubbles up from her throat.

"That sounds like we're going to have sex."

He shakes his head.

"I think you underestimate my ability to control myself. I told you I was going to wait to fuck you." He licks his lips. "But I'd like to see what's underneath those clothes."

They stare at each other, their eyes communicating more than Dahlia can even begin to process. His burn into hers, flaring with lust, and his jaw becomes kissed with a pink flush beneath his stubble. Her heart is beating so fast and her mouth is dry.

"Fuck it," Dahlia whispers, flinging her arms around his neck and letting her lips crash against his. James laughs softly, kissing her back with even more passion and desperation than she thought was possible.

She wants him. Tonight has proven that to her time and time again. In one motion, James picks her up off the ground, his hands grabbing her thighs as they wrap around his waist. Their mouths remain connected as he carries her to the bathroom, kicking the door shut behind him and slamming her up against it. She grunts as her body crashes into it. James isn't delicate or careful with her this time. His lips drift up and down her neck, biting hard and sucking hickeys onto her skin, marking her as his. Dahlia realizes she hasn't even taken her shoes off.

"You can't make me crazy like that, Dahlia," he growls. "You're gonna make me do something I don't think you're ready for yet."

She moans, her head rolling to the side.

"I'm ready."

"No, you're not," he chuckles as he kisses her again.

"Tell me, James."

Her plea dies on her lips. James breaks the kiss and sets her down on the ground, cupping her face in his hands.

"We'll get there. Trust me."

He picks her up again and carries her to a large granite counter, setting her down. He's strong. She likes it. James unties her shoelaces as he kicks his own shoes off and slides her foot out of her sneakers. He peels off her socks and pulls her tank top over her head, stepping back to admire her almost bare torso. His cock is hard, she can see it straining against his dress pants.

"God, you're gorgeous."

Dahlia wishes she had that glass of wine right about now.

"Thank you."

"No, thank you, doll." He grins. "Jump off the counter and strip for me."

She obeys, her body vibrating with adrenaline. Dahlia removes her bra, her jeans, and her panties, kicking them aside as her heart thuds violently. She swears James can hear it and she gulps. He runs a hand through his dark, fluffy hair and chuckles, shaking his head as a wolfish grin spreads across his face. His eyes dance up and down her body. She wants to fold her arms over her chest, suddenly feeling so vulnerable that she might cry. James seems to sense what she's feeling and slowly steps toward her, placing his hands on her waist. They're warm. She melts into him.