Chapter 19

Once upon a time,* a gardener and a winnower lived** together in a garden.***

* It was once before a time, because time had not yet begun.

** We did not live. We existed as principles of ontological dynamics that emerged from mathematical structures, as bodiless and inevitable as the primes.

*** It was the field of possibility that prefigured existence.

--------------------------------------------

"Ē̵̡̡̛̜̠̠̮̠͚̲̗̼͖̻͙̻͇̞̄̎͗̅̑̒̀͑̉͒̓̈́̇̅͊͑̍͐͐͑̈́̉͆͌͑͘̕̕͝͝y̵̨̧̧̧̠̥͎͎͓̮̖̪̜͚̭̳̖̤̱̤̗͚͈̥̋͜ͅê̷̮̞̫͗̐̐̐̎̎̒͑͐̋̀̒̿̈́̽̿̀͂̒͐̓̊̉͂̓̕͘͝s̶̡̢̧͔̮̞̙͙̲͉͚͔̩̙̝̳̼̺̻̜̫̗͚̱̳̰̰̠͖̏̚ͅͅ ̵̡̢̡̛̱̲͚̥̲̼̜̺͙͓̜̗̫̩͚̤̲̩̠̣̺̠̜͕̜͎͚͈̦̲̼̪͔̹̹̬͈̔̏̔͒̇̑̾̐̾̃̃͒̇̋͌͌͒͊̈͊̿͗͛̂̒̓̔́͒͑̇͂̚͘͜͜͝͝ù̸̡̡̝̭͉̘̰͕̗̩̜̰̥͓̰̱̦̐̏͊̓͐̾̏͆̾̎͌́͛̎͌͑̈́̾̚̕̚͝p̶̨̧̧̮̗̲͈̞̥͉̗̳̥͈̙̥̫̦̙̹̖̭͖̥̻̊́̽̓̀̆̋́͑͒̈͋̃̄͒̈́̚̕͜͝ͅͅ"

Pain pulsed through Seraph's head, his eyes slowly open. He remembers that he was falling due to the ground underneath him falling, but he lost consciousness upon falling deeper to who knows where. Stumbling for a bit, he got back up on his feet, examining his surroundings. To his surprise, he wasn't in another cave system, but a garden or much less entire different world. 

A garden of red and white flowers covers the surface with canyons of waterfalls in-between along with mountains in the background. 

Seraph: What is this place?

Before Seraph could explore his surroundings, he hears a familiar squeak, looking up to see his phoenix circling above him. The phoenix then descends before landing on Seraph's left forearm. 

Seraph: Well it's a surprise to see you here Praxic.

Moving his right hand, Seraph uses one of his fingers to rub Praxic on the head. The phoenix lets out a happy choo, rubbing itself with the finger.

Seraph: Perhaps you know where we are?

This time, the phoenix shakes its head, letting out a sad choo. 

Seraph: That's unfortunate..... 

Sighing, Seraph looks around a bit until a bright idea pops into his mind.

Seraph: Hey, how about we explore this place and find a way out?

Praxic nods its head and lets out an agreeable squeak before spreading its wings as it flew off from Seraph's arm and into the sky. 

Dusting himself off, Seraph begins to explore the unknown environment, observing the scenery around him. If he were to describe it, it would be beautiful, but deep down he has a feeling that something is off. 

After what felt like an hour, Seraph notices something in the distance. From what he can make of it was two people both of them glowing, one white and the other black. They seem to be playing some kind of game, underneath a sliver tree. 

Seraph Thoughts: That's strange, they look like people but yet.... Nevermind, I wonder if they can help.

Seraph thought to himself, but before he could take a step. The two entities stop their game, turning their heads to Seraph's location as if they notice him. Seraph immediately stops where he is, feeling the intense pressure from the entities.