Chapter 11: I'm not doing it

Todoroki's pov

Flashback

"Katsuki!" I screamed and hugged him

He hugged me back,"I missed you Shoto."

"I have a question."

"What is it?" He tilted his head

"Why do I have to fight the Jabberwocky?"

"He'll kill you first if you don't."

"But why?" I pushed further

"You wouldn't understand."

"Katsuki I don't want to kill someone innocent!"

"Trust me, you aren't." He looked away

"So what did he do?"

"He's manipulative."

"How?" I questioned

"Just staring into his eyes can make you stop what you're doing." He smirked

I looked away from Bakugou. Just having the thought of killing someone is painful. But it's my fate to at least try.

"I'll try my best!" My eyes teared up

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

Toga always cares about how I look. Even if we're planning for a fight I have to look my best.

Looking in the mirror was the worst part. I hate even looking at myself. Staring at my pale face, the dark eye bags under my eyes. Seeing how I looked like I would break at a simple touch.

"You look stunning!" She exclaimed

I shrugged,"Thank you."

She fixed some wrinkles and smiled. It made her look gentle but truly her heart was evil.

"Are you sure I can win?" I glanced at her

She looked hesitant,"Of course you will, we won't let you die."

"What saved me when I was falling?"

She gulped,"The Jabberwocky..."

"I'm not killing him then."

"He deserves it!" She yelled

"He saved me though." I stared at her

Suddenly a harsh pain hit my cheek. It stung but didn't even make me tear up. She quickly walked out of the room.

I was left alone staring into the mirror. My wound on my stomach still isn't fully healed. This armor was made out of metal and is tight. It really bothers me.

"Hello!" Someone walked in

"Who are you?" I asked

"I'm Denki! Or the Doe Doe Bird but I'm here to treat your wound."

I nodded and took the top of the armor off. Denki started treating my wound. But I don't think he fully knew what he was doing. He seemed very confused •~•

"Alright! You should be heading downstairs everyone is waiting."

"Waiting for what?"

"Us to start leaving of course!"

"Oh yeah, thank you."

He nodded and left the room. I put the armor back on. For some reason I'm very doubtful about this fight.

Some how I have to convince people not to fight. But it's very unlikely that I can. People seem excited about this.

One last look in the mirror. Could be the last time I ever see myself again. I leave the room gently closing the door.

Slowly stepping down the stairs. There is so much noise. Every step felt like more pressure. Once people saw me they started cheering loudly.

Usually I recognize people here. But somebody was here that seemed different. He had purple hair and dark eye bags.

I didn't let myself overthink it. But I wanted to know who he is. Everyone was staring at me. How am I supposed to say I don't want to fight?

"Hello everyone! I have something to announce!"

People started whispering to each other. This just made it so much worse.

"I don't want to fight the Jabberwocky!"

So many people started screaming and complaining. I could see Bakugou looked disappointed.

"He saved my life! I wouldn't kill anyone who saved me."

Suddenly I was pulled into the crowd. I covered my ears, it's too loud. My eyes wandered around the room.

The man with purple hair was gone. Bakugou was pushing his way through the crowd. Tears rolled down my cheeks. This only happened because I didn't want to. I'm basically forced to fight.

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

Thank you for reading and voting! The fight against the Jabberwocky starts next chapter. I'm also going to put a surprise so please look forward to that. What do you think the surprise will be?