Chapter 9: Off with your head

Todoroki's pov

Flashback

The house always felt as if it was freezing. At least when mother was alive and sick. We all lost our connection to each other.

When she was gone, the house felt as if it was on fire. Almost like we were going to burn alive. Flames was our enemy here. But it wasn't like we were going to escape.

Touya was the only one who escaped. Fuyumi and Natsuo we're least effected but couldn't forget what they saw.

I was the only one who acts like things aren't okay. How was I supposed to move on when it happened so soon?

"Have you talked to my father?"

"No I only get payed by him." The therapist said

"You should stop trying to help me."

"Why?"

"I'll soon just be ashes, nobody would remember me." I closed my eyes

"Why do you always think something bad will happen to you?" He asked

"Because it's just how cursed my life is."

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

"We're leaving today! I will only take my best fighters. So prove that you will win for me!" Toga exclaimed

Everyone in the crowd cheered. Bakugou was standing next to me holding my hand. All day my stomach has felt as if I might throw up. I'm too nervous to fight.

My hand squeezed Bakugou's hand. I needed reassurance that I can do this. He glanced at me with worry in his eyes.

The only thing I could do was smile slightly. Trying to hide the aching feeling in my chest. I'm too scared to loose Katsuki.

Even though we just met a few days ago he was my best friend. It's almost as if I knew him my whole life. But this was truly breaking my heart.

The crowd slowly started moving away. Everyone is getting ready for war. But I'm just not mentally prepared.

Today is the day I figure out my past. I could loose people I care about. Suddenly 2 little children came up to me.

"Hello! I'm Eri and this is Kota. I just wanted to give you this gift." She handed me a red rose

"Thank you this is very sweet." I grabbed the flower

"Please come back safe, I want to have a teaparty with you!"

I smiled and ruffled her hair,"I will just for you."

"Don't touch her!" Kota yelled and smacked my hand away

"Don't hit him!" Bakugou yelled back

Before I realized they had started arguing. Eri seemed like she was slowly getting more scared.

I held her hand and started walking away. Her hand was so small compared to mine.

"Does yelling scare you?"

She nodded and looked away. I crouched down to be her height. Then I made her look at me.

"My father used to yell a lot. Everytime he started yelling I would stare at this pocket watch and listen to it tick."

I held out a small pocket watch. Opening it showed all the time lines with small numbers. Softly it made a small ticking sound.

"It's beautiful." She said

"Do you want it?"

"I can't take something that is yours!" Her eyes widened

"It's fine." I put it into her small hand

Her eyes lit up as she watched it. Suddenly Kota and Bakugou came over.

"We should probably be leaving." Katsuki sayed

I nodded and we both started walking towards the main entrance. The armor that I was wearing started bothering me.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know if I can fight in this."

"Shoto it protects you, and it isn't that heavy."

"But I don't want to even fight Bakugou."

"You're the one that agreed to fight."

I sighed it's not like I really can back out. My mind wanted this to happen. But now I'm scared about everything that could go wrong.

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

Some say being royalty is wonderful. But how I look at it is you can become selfish. So selfish that it leads to your death.

Our surroundings were hot, we haven't even done anything and sweat was starting to form. I was one of the very first people on the battlefield.

Swords were clashing together as everyone fought. Lots of my father's army was running around. It seems like they weren't prepared.

Our army was trying to make a path for me. We agreed that I would be the one to kill my father.

I ran as quickly as I could. Bakugou following right behind me. Once we made it inside he stopped me.

"Shoto!" He grabbed my arm

I turned around,"Katsuki what's wrong?"

"Something isn't right! He hasn't even left to fight yet!"

"He's probably waiting to be one of the last fighting."

I continued to run up many stairs. Looking into rooms but still not finding him. Until I was at the rooftop.

"Seems like you're finally here son."

"You don't have a right to call me that."

He chuckled,"You here for your memories?"

I brought my sword up and almost slashed his arm. But he quickly blocked and the sound of metal was heard.

This brawl continued, us fighting back and forth for dominance. He caught me off guard quickly.

Suddenly I felt a huge pain in my stomach. Such a simple push from him made me fall off the building.

My eyes only looked up as I seen Bakugou slice his head off. Blood was splattered everywhere as his body fell.

He quickly looked over the edge and yelled. It sounded as if he was in pain. Like a scream for help but nobody could help.

My back hit something but it doesn't feel hard. But my eyes slowly started closing. My ears heard yelling but it seemed so distant.

"Katsuki." I reached out before everything turned dark

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

Thank you everyone for reading and voting! Next chapter will be more fluffy. How did you like the chapter?