Chapter 11

Hi guys! Sorry about the absence of updates during September. School is killing me 😭

I mentioned this in Last Shadow, but since this was always sporadic updates, it doesn't really matter. I will do my best to update this at least once a month though, because, well, all of you are waiting.

Speaking of which, thank you all so much for your continued support! Please keep up the voting, commenting and support because it honestly give me so much motivation to write.

Thank you ❤️❤️❤️❤️

****

Raven

"You're late!" the golden-haired boy called accusingly, though the sparkle in his blue eyes betrayed his joy as she sprinted towards him. "I've been here since four, you know."

"Sorry," Raven laughed as she launched herself at him, nearly knocking him over. "Was having a bit of a dilemma trying to pick the right dress."

Elian scanned her from head to toe, pulling back and holding her at arm's length as he took in the blue dress she was wearing. "Even if you showed up in your leathers, I wouldn't mind."

"What, you don't think it'd be scandalous?"

"As if," he scoffed. "Do you think the girls at camp wear dresses and corsets when training?"

"No," Raven replied. "And for your information, I'm not wearing that thing either. Didn't have the luxury of having someone lace it up for me."

"I could," Elian said, smirking. He pulled her into a hug before Raven could smack him and said, "You look beautiful, by the way."

"And you-"

"Look dashing, I know," Elian finished, squeezing her tight. "Like the prince from a fairytale, except you don't need someone to sweep you off your feet and rescue you."

"I was going to say you clean up nice," Raven said, simultaneously laughing and fighting the urge to cry into his shoulder. "But yeah. You'd be the one who would need to be rescued."

She gave herself a moment to breathe in his scent, one that smelled of sunshine and life, and feel the warmth and love in the arms holding her before letting go.

"Are you crying?" Elian asked incredulously, smirking as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "You're that happy to see me?"

"No, you prick," she retorted, grabbing his hand and yanking him towards the entry booth of the carnival. "Just your insufferable father's sun chariot shining in my eyes."

Elian laughed, shaking his head as he looked at her in amusement. "Alright."

Raven smiled back at him, joy sweeping through her as he met her gaze. It was well worth the wait of three hundred sixty-five days just to be able to hear his laugh, which sounded like the call of an angel to her. She still couldn't wrap her head around how he was willing to wait for her, after all these years.

Elian knocked on the booth, bringing Raven out of her thoughts. "Two tickets, please."

The lady inside slid open the window and peered at them through huge spectacles. "It's five in the morning."

"Doesn't this fair open at five?" Elian asked innocently.

"Well, yes," she said, glancing at them doubtfully. She took in Elian, who was dressed nicely in a white collared shirt, a dark brown jacket, and black trousers, then shifted her gaze to Raven, who had stolen a light blue dress from a shop this morning. She fought the urge to fidget. Even without a corset, this dress was uncomfortable to the nth degree. How the hell did people even move, much less fight?