Chapter 26 : snickers

Kazuto POV

Four days after waking up

"Kirito please."

"Asuna. No."

"Pleaseee!"

Her eyes practically gleamed as the stared at me, literal sparkles swimming around her extreme doe eyes.

"...Asuna, you're killing me."

"Just one!"

"You are supposed to be eating light foods."

"That is light!"

"As in.. things you don't have to chew."

"Please? Please please please??" She grabbed my arm desperately and shook my entire body with all her strength.

I sighed and mentally cursed Lis in my head before nodding lightly.

"Fine. I'll get one for you."

"Thank you! I love you." She raised from her kneeled position and wrapped her arms around my neck before kissing me softly. I immediately gave in, holding her waist gently causing her to smile against my lips.

All this for a Snickers.

She pulled away from my lips with a bright grin plastered on her face before pushing me backward.

"Okay, go now."

I stared at her blankly as she shoo'd me away with her hands, bouncing excitedly on her bed. With a deep sigh, I turned and left the room. As I stepped out into the hall, I met Lis leaning on the wall with a nervous smile on her lips.

"Heyyy.."

I simply rolled my eyes and continued to walk away, Lis trailing behind me.

"I didn't know she'd want one!"

"Of course she would. She's only been eating soup and yogurt and stuff, obviously she's gonna want something unhealthy." I grumbled. She groaned while skipping behind my long strides.

"Well, if you're so against it.. why are you still headed toward the vending machine?"

I paused my steps and turned toward the brunette who was smirking knowingly at me. She already knew why yet she still asks.

"Because I don't know how to say no to her."

She snorted at my response and began to laugh stupidly. It isn't my fault Asuna knows exactly how to get me to do what she wants. I sighed and rolled my eyes, continuing to walk away.

I heard her obnoxious laughter coming from behind me. The hallways were far to big for me to be stuck with her, where the hell is Alice?!

"Why are you following me?"

"Because—" she coughed "—I decided to keep you company."

"I'm fine going on my own."

"Didn't ask!" I rolled my eyes for the thousandth time in those five minutes as she walked right up to my side.

"You're paying for it though."

"Why?"

"Because it's your fault she wants one anyway."

"I didn't know she'd want one!"

"Didn't ask." I mocked. She narrowed her eyes threateningly at me making me grin.

We continued our way down the tiled halls. I stuffed my hands into my sweater pockets begging for some heat on my palms and fingertips.

It's like they had the air conditioners set to hypothermia.