Comforting him - Damiano David

Context:
Damiano messed up a note and you comfort him. Your Name is Madeline.
——————
Damiano's POV:

"Noi siamo diversi da loro"

Shit. I missed the note...again.

I finished the song feeling hazy, just trying my very best not to cry on stage. Management would not be happy if I was filmed crying again. The words of Simon still replaying in my ears from all those years ago; "The fans can't know when you're upset Daminao, that's not the Damiano they want"

"goodnight Venice!! We love you" Victoria said, Blowing kisses at the crowd as we did the same, "You guys have been absolutely incredible! We've been Måneskin" I said as I ran backstage, Praying for my voice not to break mid-sentence.

"hey Dami, it's okay!! we all mess up sometimes. There's always tomorrow" Thomas said, Patting my back. I know he's just trying to help, but right now I don't want to listen, I just want to cry. I can't have management be mad again. I can't handle that. We're so close to being done with them and I want to end it on the closest to a high as we can get.

I held it together but the moment I got into my dressing room I locked the door and fell to the floor crying. Why am I such a mistake? Why can't I just hit that damn note?

I heard a knock at the door.
"Dami, baby, let me in"

"No Madeline, go away," I said, Sounding like a whining child.

"Not going anywhere amore, Let me in" After a minute, I knew she wasn't going to leave so I collected myself and got up and let her in.

She saw my tear-stained face and quickly pulled me into a hug. "Hey baby, It's going to be okay, yeah. just breathe with me"

"in"

"out"

"in"

"out"

I did as I was told. "Good job baby, See? it's okay. One more time for me, okay?" I nodded as I started to steady my breathing.

"in" "and out"

As soon as we were done I started to sob, burying my head into her neck. "I can't believe I keep messing that stupid note up. It's not even that hard. I hate messing it up Maddy. I hate disappointing the fans. I'm supposed to be a singer but I can't even sing the damn song right."

"Hey, hey no-"

"No, Maddy, I'm a singer who can't even sing" I pulled away. I glued my eyes to the floor, Not wanting her to see me upset.

"Look at me, baby. Okay?...You know how I see it?" She rubbed her hand over my cheek as my eyes meat her. "you're a person who likes to sing so you're singing. And you know what? you just happen to be really fucking great at it. you're not disappointing in one bit. if they love you, which they do, they know that you're only human and part of being human is making mistakes. That's all it is okay? just a little mistake. we all make mistakes, like when I filmed me and vic rehearsing our new song and accidentally published it or when I used the wrong word in that one interview and then you and the others made fun of me for weeks or-"

"When you told that finish dude Samu Haber to 'keep doing what you're doing and 'good job' when he got arrested" I added,

"Hey! you better watch it or you're sleeping on the couch tonight" She laughed a little, then she grabbed my hand and led me to the sofa. I laid in between her legs resting my head on her chest. Her gently carving little figure eights into my chest.

"how do you do it?"

"do what amore?"

"you always cheer me up, Even when it feels impossible," I said as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"I don't know, I try my best. That's what you do when you love someone, you try, And if it doesn't work then at least you know you put all of you into it. plus...I just like to see you happy" I smiled at her while she spoke, my perfect girlfriend. "I like to see you happy to baby"
"Well that's good because you make me the happiest person in the world and all beyond it"

"You're So sappy" I laughed, that signature smirk on my face. "Says you Mr. 'I watch mean girls every day' "

After a second of silence, we both started laughing, knowing damn well we're both equally sappy.

"I love you"

"i love you too, Dami"

———————
hey yall i hope you liked this. If yes i'd be happy about if you'd give this story a like. And if you have any Ideas for any Band Member, feel free to tell me. If i can, i will turn your Idea into a little Story.
Also don't forget to check out my other Books. 💕
All the love, K.