Chapter 18 | UA Sports Festival: Part 2

Start from the beginning

Boos could be heard as people shouted their complaints at the teenanger. 

"I'll crush him!" Someone screamed, watching Bakugou walk off the stage. 

The TV screen lights up, signaling it was time for the first event to start. "Now, let's get started right away!" Midnight exclaims. "The first game is what you'd call a qualifier! Every year, many drink their own tears during this first round! Let's see which game it will be this year!"

Another screen appears behind her as she waves her fan, a roulette spinning that would decide the first game. It spins for a few moments, before landing on the words 'Obstacle Race'.

"And there you have it! All eleven classes will participate in this race! The course will be the around outer circumference of this stadium, which is four kilometers long! Our school's selling point is freedom!" She says, then her expression changes to a suspicious smile. "As long as you stay on the course, it doesn't matter what you do. Now take your places everyone!"

The students go to crowd at the beginning of the race, watching the lights on the gate flash. Once the third flash was seen, students races forward, trying their best to get ahead of the others. But before anyone could even get out of the stadium, an ice cold chill could be felt, and everything froze.

"Oh! Looks like Todoroki from Class 1-A used his quirk to freeze over half of the participants in place!" Present Mic exclaims. 

"I wasn't aware his quirk could do that." Nightmare stated, staring at the screen as he watched his students rush forward. "It seems the class knew about it though..."

"They might have learned about each other's quirks during the villain attack after you got to me." C.C responded, also looking at the screen. 

"It seems as though Mineta is catching up to Todoroki." Nightmare observes, but then stops himself as he sees the purple haired boy bashed and thrown into the air by a robot. 

"Jeez, that must have hurt..." C.C winces. 

"And here comes the first obstacle!" Exclaims Present Mic. "I'm sure you remember these, don't you students? They're the zero-pointers from the entrance exams!"

"They sure are huge..." C.C observed. 

The pair watches as the robots are frozen over, and Todoroki runs through. They see other students start to rush forward as well, but stop when the robots fall over, unfreezing from the ice. 

"Look at that, he attacked and defended in one hit! How elegant!" Present Mic screams over the speakers as cheers erupted. 

The race continued, students continuing to plow through the obstacles in aim for first place. But then, many of the students stop, as they are faced with a huge ravine. 

"And students have started to arrive at the second obstacle, The Fall! If you don't want to fall, you better find a way across! Oh! Would you look at that! Todoroki, who is still in first place, makes it through easily! Following not far behind Katsuki Bakugou!"

Murmurs could be heard throughout the stadium. 

"Wow, look at that kid go, not only is his quirk strong, but his athletic abilities and strategies are  a cut above the rest as well!" 

"Well duh, he's Endeavor's son after all!"

"The pro hero only second to All Might?! That's so cool!"

"And now he's made it to the third obstacle!" Present Mic exclaims over the speakers. "It's a minefield! It's set up so that you can tell where the mines are if you look very carefully! How will the young hero get through this!? By the way, these mines are for games, so they are not very powerful, but still loud and flashy enough to make you wet your pants!"