I - Instincts over rationality

He can do this. He's already here, so 's no reason to grab all of his stuff, run away and live the rest of his life in his bedroom. He wants to do this. He promised himself that he'll move into the dormitory of the university and graduate as any other student. He already took his pill and used his scent blocker before he took a step out of his bedroom to make sure he's not going to cause any trouble. He'll be fine.

Right?

"Come on, don't be a coward," Yoongi mumbles under his nose and after taking a big breath he lifts his hand up and knocks on the door.

"A moment!" He hears someone's muffled voice, and a few moments later the door opens, giving a glance of a tall, handsome guy. Usually Yoongi avoids eye contact, but he's too stunned by how good-looking the latter is, and he already locked eyes with him before he can stop it.

His inner Omega perks his head up, a whine resonating in his chest, and there's something that clicks inside him, like something he never knew was missing came back to its place, making him complete.

He's still in shock, trying to understand what the hell just happened when he smells the other's scent - an Alpha, his Alpha's scent -, it's so rich he can almost taste the juicy fig on his tongue. His Omega wants to go closer, to roll in this scent until he can smell it on his skin and clothes-

The first thing Seokjin senses is that his inner wolf lifts his head up, a low growl resonating in his chest when he makes eye contact with the other, feeling that something happened. It feels exactly how his parents described back then, how he feels complete now, like the last puzzle is finally at its place, showing the whole picture.

It's something he never thought it would happen with him, especially not during his uni years.

But before he can celebrate that his Alpha imprinted with his Omega, he notices that said Omega's eyes widens in panic, and he takes a step back, trying to run away.

To keep him there, Seokjin quickly grabs the latter by his wrist, his fingers curling around it, tightening his grip just enough to make sure he can't be able to pull it out. It makes the latter stare at Seokjin's hand, probably too scared to look at his face. Without thinking, Seokjin pulls him into his dorm room and closes the door once he's in.

"Don't run away, please," Seokjin asks as he turns over, his voice low as a whisper. The Omega stays put but he still doesn't look at him. "Look, I know this is shocking, but we can figure this out, okay?"

As the Omega keeps his gaze at their hands, Seokjin slowly lets him go, and he needs to suppress his instincts, to stop himself from reaching out for his hand.

"Figure out what?" The Omega asks with a frown. "You... you felt that... thing too? You know what just happened?"

"Have you ever heard about imprinting?" Seokjin asks quietly. The latter slightly shakes his head which surprises Seokjin - it's a subject that people usually know, especially at this age. "Uh, so... when we made eye contact, your inner wolf and mine got attached to one another... like they both know they are meant to be with each other, to be the 'perfect mates' in the future," he tries to explain, quoting 'perfect mates' with his hands, hoping it works.

As Seokjin scans the Omega's face, he notices how the words he said sinks in.

"But... but we never even saw each other before!" Yoongi says after a few moments, fear crawling up on his spine. "I don't even know your name, how can my stupid Omega know that we're meant to be together?" He doesn't want this, he never asked for it, this just has to be some kind of bullshit.

"I know it's scary, but I'm sure we can find a solution to this," the taller one says, and Yoongi's inner wolf whines as he can sense how the Alpha is in distress which doesn't help him to calm down.