Chapter eighteen

A thick frost wormed its way inside your body, making your bones shiver. In all your stubbornness, you had argued against Feitan as he tried to convince you to bring a jacket, insisting that it wouldn't match the outfit but secretly hoping he would give you his blazer. You slunk out of the taxi, one leg being sensually revealed as the slit in the black body-con dress rode up your thigh. The deep neck exposed your delicate collar bone, upon which lay a shimmering silver necklace with rubies embedded in the metal; one of the many gifts presented to you earlier in the day.

It had been decided early on that each individual would arrive separately and meet at the designated areas to avoid suspicions. Your heels made small clicking noises as you rounded the corner to the back entrance of the venue, where you were to meet up with the rest of the team. Being the lazy brat you were, you had decided to be fashionably late, focusing on perfecting your eyeliner rather than finding a way inside.

Arriving on the scene, you saw at least 15 guards bleeding out on the floor from sword injuries sustained by Nobunaga. Machi was busy stringing up the remaining few with her nen string as Chrollo walked calmly towards the sealed door and typed in a password. The door swung open as he turned and made eye contact with you, just as you put away the red lipstick that you had been topping up, not bothering to help the others.

"Ladies first," he said with a small smirk playing at his lips

"Such a gentleman" you laughed, walking through the door that he was holding open.

Machi let out an exacerbated huff as he let the door swing shut behind him, focused more on watching you walk away than he was about the others.

The four of you entered casually through the back, bypassing the entrances to kitchens, cloakrooms, and stairwells. Navigating expertly towards the vault containing the valuables, you had no doubt about where to go, having skimmed over the plans once and already having the blueprints etched into your mind.

"HEY! You aren't supposed to be back here!" A voice of a patrol guard sounded behind you.

Before the man had a chance to raise his gun, you had already swept in front of him, placing a delicately manicured figure to his forehead. A bloodcurdling crack echoed along the halls and reverberated through the air. Blood began to ooze out of the unfortunate man's nose and mouth, panic and fear striking across his face as he crumpled under his own weight with a freshly broken neck.

You turned around, allowing your hair to flow out behind you. The devious smirk was back on Chrollo's face, his eyes filled with hunger and lust. He only managed to whisper out a small "Damn" before you had returned to your place at the front of the group, sending him a suave little wink as you passed him.

Machi opened the vault with a password that Shalnark had radioed over after using his mind control on one of the directors of the event. Everything was going smoothly until...

"Where the fuck is the loot?" Cried Machi

"Damn it." Chrollo cursed, quickly gathering himself and thinking on his feet, "They must have known someone would try something like this. Let's radio over and regroup to rethink our next move." Chrollo commanded as you all began to back away from the room to head up to the roof.

Climbing up the stairs with Chrollo following you, a smug idea began to play on your mind. Swinging your hips to emphasize the curve of your body, you threw a glance back and noticed the targeted man staring unapologetically at your ass.

"Like what you see?" you whipped over your shoulder

"Just enjoying the view" he pushed back, chuckling slightly but otherwise unphased at being caught.