Sober drinks

I looked at Peter sleeping peacefully on the couch, Aryan on the floor, and looked at my phone

Zeke was the one that woke me up yesterday night. All of a sudden I wasn't too interested in his text. I feel like all the enthusiasm about texting him and being friends with him evaporated from my body and vanished into thin air.

But it's Zeke. My crush. The guy of my dreams, I would be a fool to let this golden opportunity to go. Even though I wouldn't expect it to go beyond genuine friendship.

He'd texted a simple 'Hey it's Zeke,' to which I still haven't replied even though it's been half an hour since I opened his text.

"Watching movies all night does that to you," my dad commented, entering from the front door.

"Oh yeah," I nodded, peeling the apple in my hand.

Be glad you don't know the half of it, dad.

"Not going to school, Sai?" My dad asked glancing at the clock.

"Ah no, I'm going out with Pete," I replied, biting into the apple.

"Are you two going out or anything?" My dad asked so nonchalantly.

I paused.

It was like I was slipped into a timeless dimension, where my own thought process formed a visible sentence in front of me, as I stared at it cluelessly.

All of a sudden the picture of Peter and I from yesterday night flashed into my head and it seemed like his greyish blue eyes said something very quickly which I couldn't catch.

Peter and I?

Me and Peter?

Saira Alvar and Peter Apollo Xuvi?

We're best friends.

Right?

"No?" I said, looking at my dad.

He raised a brow.

He raised a brow?!

What is up with that? Does he not believe me or something?

"Are you sure?"

"Dad!"

"I'm just saying I approve, he's a good kid."

"Oh my gosh, what's the matter with you?" I covered my face.

This is unbelieving and embarrassing at the same time, I'm unable to emphasize how much.

"What is going on?" My mom appeared from the hallway, carrying a hamper.

"Saira and Pete are dating," my dad said, removing his cap.

"Wow, congrats, Sai, I approve." My mother nods with a smile.

"That's what I said!" My dad exclaims, high-fiving my mom.