Muling bumuhos ang mga luha niya. Hinayaan ko siyang umiyak sa dibdib ko. If I let her bleed her tears on my shirt, it should offer her some comfort. I know this is not the last time I'm ever going to see her cry, but I hope this is the last time she'll cry about this.

"You can cry, love." I whispered. "You can cry... I'm here."

After a while, her grip on my shirt loosened and her head got heavier on my chest. When I peeked into her tear-stained face, I almost chuckled to myself when I found out that she passed out crying. Marahan ko siyang ihiniga sa kama at binihisan. She stirred, but she was so deep into sleep that I managed to put on her silk gown and tuck her in bed without waking her.

When I was done, I watched her for the entire night while sleeping, my enraptured eyes all over her, vowing to myself that I'll never make her feel alone again.

"Are you serious, Philo?" my manager stubbed a cigarette and glanced at me, his bronze eyes squinting in accusing slits.

"I am," I said gruffly. He heard me loud and clear.

"We've been working our ass off to get DRecord to work with us! Now that they've agreed to sign a contract, you're suddenly backing out? What's wrong with you?"

Nag-iwas ako ng tingin, sa kaniya, sa bigong tingin ng mga kabanda.

"Look, I know your wife is about to give birth. That's all over the news," his voice came softer as he walked towards me. "But before you became a father, you're a vocalist of this band, Philo. Memento Mori, don't you remember? You can't throw away opportunities like that."

I gritted my teeth in annoyance, trying to find the perfect words to describe why I'm suddenly quitting on them when this could be our biggest break as a band. They promised a world tour, collaborations with the biggest artists in the country, and if things go well, a movie based on one of our hit songs.

"And before I became a vocalist of this band, Erickson, I was Stormie's." mahinahon kong pahayag. "You can go ahead and continue the contract without me."

"Fuck," he muttered under his breath. "Don't do this to us, Philo. Look at them," he gestured towards my bandmates. "They don't have families. Ito lang ang pamilyang kilala nila."

Wala ni isa sa mga kabanda ang umimik. Kaniya-kaniya silang iwas ng tingin. I took a deep breath, tempted to lit a cigarette myself but ever since I got married to Stormie, I quit all my vices. I had occasional glasses of brandy now and then, but smoking is now out of question. Lalo na ngayo't buntis siya.

"I'm really sorry, Erickson, guys..." I said in a quiet voice. "Let me know if there's anything else I can help."

I drove straight home after our meeting. My head is hot with temper and guilt. I've been with my bandmates since the beginning. What am I doing, turning my back to them? I'm sure they all must be disappointed in me. But there is no way I could leave Stormie and my child behind for a world tour. It's impossible.

My phone started ringing violently while I was driving. Napabuntong-hininga ako nang makitang si Shantel ang tumatawag. I wonder what is it this time? Hindi naman siya tatawag kung hindi ako papagalitan.

"Hello—"

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU, YOU BASTARD?"

I winced and almost lost control of the steering wheel with her loud, angry voice.

"What's the matter?"

"STORMIE IS IN LABOR. SHE'S IN LABOR! OH MY GOD."

My hands froze as cold fear gripped my throat.