xii | Sonder ❦ (9) 1/2

Start from the beginning

She didn't choose this life, it chose her.

Nah it saved her.

Without saying a word, she plopped down into the seat across from him and crossed her arms. Sincere was a woman of very few words, which is what made her so feared. She was fearless, ruthless, and yet through the eyes of many she seemed harmless. Demetrius found it hilarious, knowing how fast she'd pull a trigger.

"I bet you're wondering why I called you in," He started, clearing his throat. She didn't say anything as she crossed her arms.

"Remember that guy I was talking too in Austin? Well he was in need of a new situation, and with us both wanting to expand, we decided it would be smart to team up. More money, more opportunities, and a better shot at eventually taking over the west."

"You sure you can trust him?" She questioned, raising her eyebrow. Trust was always her first concern. Demetrius wasn't some regular king pin, he was in control of the whole entire northern-eastern part of the states, including Florida. He didn't have room for any fuck ups, simply because of who he was.

He smiled to himself. "Antwan is a smart man, he knows who I am and what comes with working with me and not against me. But of course you can never put your trust in someone without them earning it, which is why he's sending his number 2 Ace out here to work with us. More specifically with you."

Sincere's face scrunched up slightly. "What you mean?"

"Well as we both know, since that last mistake we've been in clean up mode. Unfortunately, there are still a few stains that need to be cleaned up, but some are proving to be harder to clear up than most," He sighed, scratching his beard. "So this kid from Austin was recommended to help us with our problem, to help establish a line a trust. According to Antwan, Ace is one of the best cleaners he's ever had and he's going to be the main one leading this expansion for us."

She took a deep breath, knowing exactly what he was requesting. "So what exactly are you needing from me?"

"After he helps you with our problem, get close to him, find out who he is and what he's about. I need to know his intentions, his dreams, his goals, his aspirations, and what his boss Antwan really want's from this partnership. I simply can't hand over anything to someone I don't know anything about, especially after this last situation. I trust that you can take care of this right?"

Sincere nodded slowly. "Of course I can, just leave it to me. I'll have all your answers. I do have one question though, when you say get close to him what do you mean?"

"Mhmm," Demetrius hummed in thought. "That's up to you completely. As long as you get my answers, I don't care how you get them. But I do advise moving safe, we don't know this guy and we don't want to underestimate him."

She nodded. "Okay. When are we expecting his arrival?"

Demetrius picked up his phone and seen a new text came through. "Today actually. He just touched down at JFK 30 minutes ago. You should go pick him up, introduce yourself, then give him a lil classic welcome to the big Apple tour. Especially since you're about to be partners for a lil while."

"You aren't worried about those stains... causing trouble?"

Demetrius smirked a little. "No in fact I hope they do cause trouble. The quicker they reveal themselves, the easier it will be to clean up the mess. Right?"