~20~

The lunch they had together went by quickly, and Kuroko and Kagami took all the dishes into the kitchen while the others looked around.

"So, Kuroko," said Akashi, and walked into the kitchen. 

"Yes, Akashi-kun?" asked Kuroko, turning to him as Kagami also stopped.

"You've worked as a song artist and singer since Teiko, right?" asked Akashi.

"That is correct," nodded Kuroko and Kagami, now turned fully to them.

"He's also lived here since around that time," nodded Kagami, and Kuroko gave a confirming nod.

"Is that so?" asked Akashi, while looking around. "Then may I ask what your family has thought of this?"

No answer came, so Akashi and Kagami turned to look at Kuroko, who just stood still.

"Kuroko?" asked Kagami.

"Ah..." Kuroko answered after the silent. "I haven't been able to contact them since they left."

"Left?" asked Kagami with a raised eyebrow. "To where?"

"I do not know," said Kuroko, turning around to continue on the dishes. "After my grandmother passed away, my parents left the country while I stayed to continue on my graduation."

The others grew silent as Kuroko continued to work with his back towards them.

"Do you not have any other family?" asked Akashi, in slight concern.

"I do not," answered Kuroko. "The only family I know of was my grandmother, as with my parents who's left."

"Wait, so you're saying you've been alone for how long now?" asked Kagami with widened eyes.

"How long?" asked Kuroko and stopped to think. "I can't quite remember. I believe my parents left some time in second year at Seirin."

"That long?!" barked Kagami, and put his hands on his shoulders to spin him around. "Why didn't you tell any of us?!"

"I did not want to burden any of you," plainly said Kuroko.

"Kuroko..." muttered Akashi. "You could never be a burden. We would appreciate it if you told us if there is something you need to talk about or help with."

"Arigatou, Akashi-kun," nodded Kuroko. "I will try."

"Just trying isn't enough," huffed Kagami and put a frustrated hand to his hair. "We can't leave you alone, can we?"

"Why not?" asked Kuroko with a tilted head.

"We're worried about your health, that's why!" barked Kagami loudly.

"My health? I am perfectly healthy," said Kuroko, confused.

"We mean your mental health, Kuroko," said Akashi, and stepped over. "It's important to have others around who can help you with anything that comes up. You taught us that."

Kuroko blinked and eyed the two, who gave him firm looks.

"Hai, arigatou, Akashi-kun, Kagami-kun," smiled Kuroko gently. "I will do that."

"Good," huffed Kagami and crossed his arms.

"That's good to hear, Kuroko," smiled Akashi with a nod.

"Oi, Tetsu!" called Aomine from the living room. "Your dog is jumping around far to much!"

"Nigou is only excited, Aomine-kun," said Kuroko and walked past Kagami and Akashi out of the kitchen. "Nigou has had no large companies since Seirin."

"*Bark, bark!*" barked Nigou, who was leaping around the living room.