~8~

"Thank you for the ride" bowed Kuroko to the cab driver after he got out Kagami's luggage.

"It's no problem" he smiled and stepped into his cab again. "Have a nice day!"

"Thank you" bowed Kuroko again and the cab drove off.

"So, Kuroko" said Kagami and looked around the street they were on. "Where are we?"

"Outside the apartment complex I live in" answered Kuroko. "Kagami-kun never said where he was staying"

"Ah, about that..." nervously said Kagami and scratched his neck.

"Kagami-kun didn't get a place to stay?" asked Kuroko giving him a blank look.

"Ehehehe" nervously laughed Kagami. "I got to hyped about getting back to Japan, it completely slipped my mind..."

"Kagami-kun can stay here then" sighed Kuroko. "Come on"

"Thanks, Kuroko!" grinned Kagami. "You're a life saviour!"

"It's no problem" smiled Kuroko and they walked into the complex.

"Jesus!" yelled Kagami seeing the place properly. "Have you become rich or something?!"

"Of course not" said Kuroko. "I just have a part time job which pays well"

"Yeah, right" snorted Kagami and they walked into the elevator.

The trip to the apartment door was silent as Kagami tried to register the place properly while Kuroko let him be.

Kagami froze when seeing the small hallway leading to a single door from the elevator.

"Wait...." he slowly said. "Does that... Does that mean you have the whole floor to yourself...?"

"Hai" nodded Kuroko unfazed and unlocked the door.

Kagami stood froze while gaping and Kuroko opened the door.

"*Bark, bark, bark!*" barked Nigou in excitment and leaped out just when the door opened.

"Hey there, Nigou" smiled Kuroko and knelt down. "Were you good while I was gone?"

"*Bark!*" nodded Nigou with a happy bark.

Nigou then noticed the still frozen Kagami and immidiently ran at him.

"*Bark, bark!*" barked Nigou full of joy.

"A-Ah, N-Nigou!" yelped Kagami and jumped out of his frozen state. "Ah! He's much bigger now!"

"*Bark!*" barked Nigou happily and laid down infront of him instead of jumping him.

"W-Wha?..." said Kagami confused.

Nigou panted with a big smile up at him and Kuroko walked over with a slight chuckle.

"I think he remembers how you used to react" suggested Kuroko an explanation. "He's an intelligent dog, you know Kagami-kun"

"H-Hai..." stuttered Kagami and looked down at Nigou again who continued to stare at him with excited eyes.

"Go on" said Kuroko. "Give him a pet"

"U-uh..." said Kagami unsure.

"He won't leave you be until you give him attention" said Kuroko making Kagami stiffen.

"Y-you sure?" asked Kagami.

"Of course" nodded Kuroko. "Right Nigou?"

"*Bark!*" barked Nigou in agreement.

"F-Fine" said Kagami and knelt down.

He reached out a shaking hand and slowly put it on Nigou's head, who waited patiently.