Chapter 22 | Soft

"What is it Maria?" I question the girl who is stuttering and not replying "Sir, Max is upset seeing the resignation letter—he is not accepting it and he is demanding on meeting you now sir" she tries to be as professional as she can while her voice is stuttering which tells me she is scared seeing this side of Max.

"Hmm, I will be there in few" I cut the call with a sigh, as I was expecting this behaviour from him from the way he was behaving since past few days.

Within few minutes I reach my building and the guard rushes to open the door which I have said him already not to do, but he always rushes up to open the door and since I don't like to repeat things twice I thank him when he does that always.

Just when I was about to enter I see Zach entering with a bored expression on his face but one thing I like about this guy is, he is always punctual and he is good at his work, I guess I should ask Maria to search more about how he is in his office.

Even though he talks rubbish he is good at work just like Ziah and that is something I appreciate.

When my employees eyes drops on me they quickly rush to greet me and I nod while mumbling a good morning back.

I reach my floor within 5 minutes where I find a distress Maria walking back and forth "Sir!" She rushes towards me, even though I have spoked to her very little she still looks excited everytime she talks to me but this time she is rushing not because of excitement but because of, fear?

"Max Sir is in your office he is really upset, he even tore the resignation letter" I need to put some sense in this guy's head, with nod I walk towards my cabin.

"Could you please grab me cup of coffee?" I politely ask her and she nods with a yes sir and I get in after hearing her answer, only to find a distressed Max phasing out.

"Good Morning" I greet him and he gets startle hearing me. "Sir!" He rushes towards me with a panic on his face.

"Sir how could you do this to me what did I even do?" He questions me looking on the verge of crying. Well he should know what he did.

"You did nothing except leaving the office without informing anyone or asking my permission and by not showing up the next day. And I am sure after working under me for more than 2 years you clearly know that I hate Unpunctuality and you did exactly that and sorry to say but that forced me to fo this" I look at him straight into his eyes while telling him calmly but see disappointment and guilt flashing in his orbs.

This is not the only reason I am removing him, the other reason is I don't feel Ziah will be safe when he is around so I don't want to trust anyone now.

"Boss if you fire me how am I going to pay my sister's hospital bills, please don't do this with me boss" he literally begs which for a minute made me weak but No I can't act like a girl here getting all emotional at things, I need to think maturely.

"Listen Max, you are a great employee, I doubt I will get someone as amazing as you anytime soon, but I am sorry I won't be able to change my decision, and as far as what you are being concerned about is I guess should be cleared up by now, please check you Mail" I tell him and he gulps but takes his phone out with his trembling hand.

His lips tremble as he looks at me, "One of my friend was searching for a nice secretory and I am sure he wouldn't get someone like you so I suggest him you—so yeah, the result of my suggestion is already there in your phone, All the best I am sure you will do great their, and you will be paid a nice amount too" I give him a small smile of encouragement but his eyes moistens as he stares at me.