Chapter 17 | Trembling

I heard people saying time flies so fast, well today I felt it, in one second I was saying qubool hai (I do) an in another second I am hugging my parents so I can leave their house and settle in another's for the rest of my life.

"I never thought I'll shed a drop in your wedding fatty" My brother sniffs and gives my arm a light punch out of frustration.

"Don't cry, I'll take care of Ziya" the cute little munchkin Naim wraps his tiny figure around Saif and pats his back and I chuckle at his cuteness.

"I am not worried about her, I am worried about your brother. Take care of Ziyan bro, I'll be calling and asking him" he warns me playfully only to earn my glare but everyone finds it funny and they laugh at him even Ziyan chuckles lowly standing beside me.

Ziyan pulls me up so I do not stay crouched down on the floor.

Grandma takes me in her arms squeezing me to death "I will miss you my baby" she cries more than I am crying probably remembering her parents in this emotional moment.

I rub her back while nodding at her words.

"Ziyan you better take care of my child" She pushes me away only to go hug him and he looks at me with slight wide eyes not expecting the sudden hug.

Grandpa who is standing beside Abbu comes forward with his usual straight face and pats my head "take care" I give him smile and he nods like a robot and turns away to go stand in his place as if it was reserved for him and he shouldn't move.

"We will come and see you tomorrow okay? Now stop crying" Mamma cups my cheeks and grins at me before pressing a tight kiss on my forehead before doing the same to Ziyan.

And soon I was pushed inside a black shinning Suv which can fit 6 people without any efforts but only me and Ziyan is set on the car, With Ziyan driving the car and I am sitting beside him.

"Drive slowly" I bark at him when he starts the car and speeds up while I am waving at my parent knowing the other cousins will be at Ziyan's house.

I keep my head out of the window even when they are out of sight, still feeling the tears staining my cheeks, Why do people grow up so soon? I was staying with my parents since I was born and now they are asking me to leave, this is not fair.

"Ziah, stop crying" Ziyan's calm voice reaches my ears but I ignore him. "Ziah" he again calls for me and this time I sniff loudly telling him indirectly that I am crying so leave me alone.

"You miss them already?" His soft tone melt my heart but I keep quiet while I answer him with a nod.

"You can go meet them tomorrow, think of it as a stay, like you usually do, you have me, Niam, Mom who will keep you company, stop crying sweetheart your not alone" he gently tells me while his hand is hold mine for the first time like this in the car when I am sitting beside him.

I bit my lips while looking at our now intertwined hand, my stomach starts bubbling and some unknown feeling crawls into my skin already.

"You good now?" His thumb rubs my knuckles as a way of calming me, with one hand on the steering wheel and with his eyes on the road he speaks but he looks effortlessly handsome in my eyes whose fact I cannot change nor deny.

"Yeah" I breathed out but rub my eyes which are stinging but a gasp leaves my lips when I remember that I am wearing makeup and it must have been smudged and I am sure I look like a witch.

"What's wrong?" Ziyan questions looking confused "I-um Hafsa said I am wearing water proof makeup, can you tell me if I look like a witch or a bride now" I move my face forward so he can look at me but a very amusing chuckle leaves his lips which makes me sit back.