Chapter 81

Nato

"Don't forget to breathe" Natasha teased softly as the two women entered the building. Ivy fiddled with the sleeves of her dark blue suit and let her eyes roam over the large glass building. She was in Brussels. The last time she had been in Belgium she had blown up a Hydra base with the Howling Commandos, now she would have to face a military-political organization of 30 member states. Jack next to her was once again dressed in black and even fitted to the occasion.

The three entered the building and Ivy felt how the air around her became thin and the walls around her tightened. It felt like every person walking by was looking at her. Maybe they were, or maybe she was just imagining it. Jack didn't seem the least bit nervous or hid everything just fine. Ivy tried to hide it too, but Natasha seemed to know her too well for that. She thought about Bucky, who was waiting for her a few blocks away in a hotel with Steve and Sam. Thinking of Bucky, she had to reach for his dog tag as well, which calmed her down a bit.

The trio entered the room where the meeting would take place and Ivy forced herself not to reach for Jack's or Natasha's hand. There was a perfect view of the city through the huge windowpane. If anything went wrong, it would be her first escape plan. Downstairs, she would have to take out the guards. There were ten of them outside and inside she had counted around fifteen so far. All of them were armed, but nothing Ivy couldn't handle. Ivy and Jack exchanged a look, he had been thinking about an escape plan as well.

"Miss Romanoff, Miss Stark, Mr. Salvatore, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am T'Challa" an African man introduced himself. He was one of the youngest of all the men and women here and had a peaceful atmosphere around him. He wore a suit like the rest and had short hair. What surprised Ivy was that he didn't look at her with full mistrust or disgust like the rest here.

"It is our pleasure as well, your highness," Natasha replied with a polite smile. Ivy's and Jack's eyes nearly fell out of their heads and Ivy finally remembered why he looked so familiar. He was the Tron Prince of Wakanda. "Shall we-" Ivy gestured uncertainly toward a bow, and T'Challe shook his head with a smile. "Everyone deserves the same respect. No matter who we are or where we come from" T'Challa replied and Ivy smiled weakly. "I hope we come to  a peaceful and justified decision today" the Prince said before politely saying goodbye and walking away.

The trio took their places in the front row. The generals took their places as well and the Secretary General took his place at the front. The room reminded Ivy of a court. The secretary general sat in front of everyone and a small lectern with microphones was set up in the center of the room. "I think we all know why we have gathered here today" he began to speak, his eyes falling on Ivy and Jack. "In the last few weeks we've heard a lot about the Vendetta organization, which had a connection to Hydra. And today we have two former members of it here with us. Ivy and Jack Salvatore." Ivy's blood began to boil when he referred to her and Jack as members. Neither of them had ever been able to make a free-will decision about whether she or he wanted to be part of this organization.

"Vendetta had been operating in the shadows for the past 94 years, participating in all violations of any laws. However, two weeks ago all the information about this organization did come to light and since then the guilty ones have been caught. We are fortunate to have arrested over a hundred members already." Ivy sensed that Jack next to her was as tense as she was, especially when the Secretary General started talking about Daniells and how he was untraceable.

"Miss Salvatore? Do you have anything to share with us?" the Secretary General asked and Ivy took a deep breath. "I do" she said in a firm voice before walking forward to the microphones. She faced the crowd and focused on the faces that had her back. Natasha and Jack. She gripped the wood of the lectern and cleared her throat. "You've heard a lot about me in the last few weeks, a year ago, and also during WWII, yet I'd still like to introduce myself. My name is Ivy, not Stark, not Salvatore, not Nivia or Frost, but Ivy" she said before taking a deep breath. Natasha gave her a encouraging nod and her grip on the lectern tightened.