Prologue

Technoblade stared in horror at the scene before him as tears flooded his eyes; Wil was gone. His twin, his best friend, the only one who understood him, was dead. All because of his actions.

Technoblade dried his eyes and pulled the hood down further to prevent someone from recognizing him, he couldn't afford to get caught now. He separated from the crowd and made brief eye contact with Philza. Quickening his speed, Technoblade ducked into an alley that was connected to the docks.

Ship to L'Manburg, Technoblade thought, looking around. That's what Wil said. Get to L'Manburg and you'll be free.

After walking up and down the dock, Technoblade found a ship to L'Manburg and paid the Captain.

Just before he was about to step aboard, Technoblade heard a familiar voice.

"Technoblade."

It was Philza. How'd he know? Techno panicked.

"I beg you to tell the truth," Philza continued, "did you mean to get Wilbur killed?"

Technoblade felt his eyes tearing up again as he faced Philza, keeping his head down.

"How'd you know that was Wil?" Technoblade muttered.

"You two may be twins, but I can tell you two apart, Techno," Philza sighed.

"I didn't mean to," Technoblade explained. "But you tell me. You're the one who killed him, father."

Philza tossed him a bag of food. "You can't come back," he spoke, changing the subject.

Technoblade caught the bag and threw it over his shoulder. "I know. I don't plan on it."

"Then go. I'll take care of things here until I can join you."

Technoblade nodded and stepped aboard the ship.

Philza smiled and watched the ship sail away.